xtreamer noisy fan (no more)

rawsy

DW F1 Champ 2010, 14, 19, 20 and 22
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi guys some of you may be aware that the xtreamer fan can be quite noisy and in some cases can be very noisy. my xtreamer recently became stupidly noisy but i found a bit of wd40 solved the problem. be carfull if trying this, i took the entire fan out of the unit and allowed it to dry for a good half hour befor seeing if it worked. and hay presto its now as quiet as a mouse. i know you can get the passive cooling units now but im happy with the noise level now so may be worth a try for some of you.

Passive cooling is the way to go, it becomes totally silent. Wish the pro was the same, there are some coolers about for pro but a bit big looking.

i know and was seriously considering getting the passive cooling heatsink. but im waiting to see what happens with the ps3 hacks to see if that can become a decent media streamer (without transcodeing stuff) failing that i will be after an xtreamer pro. so didnt fancy splashing 20 notes cheers for the advice though jaffs

i know and was seriously considering getting the passive cooling heatsink. but im waiting to see what happens with the ps3 hacks to see if that can become a decent media streamer (without transcodeing stuff) failing that i will be after an xtreamer pro. so didnt fancy splashing 20 notes cheers for the advice though jaffs

Just so you know m8, the pro is noisier than the xt was without cooler (imho) but you get used to it.

i hope a new os arrives for ps3 then. im supprised they havent done something about that as the noise has been a big gripe for them with the origional xtreamer. it would have made sense to consider this will making its sequel.

Back