X Factor Winner Booed Off Stage

damage

Inactive User
Reaction score
X Factor Winner Booed Off Stage

Steve Brookstein had a sample taster of the infamous hostile crowd, when he was booed off stage not once but THREE times at his first gig since winning X Factor.

The soul-singer turned up to perform at The Radio 1 and Top Of The Pops Christmas Party, only to be greeted by a wall of booing and jeering.

It got so bad DJ Scott Mills had to cajole the 2,000-strong crowd at London's Shepherds Bush Empire to give him another chance, which they did... but only until he started singing.

According to one guest, as soon as he started warbling, the booing struck up again, Steve forgot his words and had to apologise to the crowd:

"He was extremely shaken and looked to be holding back tears. It made him look like a novice, especially alongside the likes of Kylie Minogue, who also sang."

Just 24 hours after winning the X Factor vote, the 36-year-old crooner had to admit: "I don't think I appeal to a lot of younger people. There was a lot of noise and the booing just threw me. Hopefully I'll get through it."

And it wasn't just the unwelcome crowd participation that Steve found hard to handle, but the backstage probing by journalists also riled him somewhat.

After being asked whether his first album was going to be full of cover versions, he snapped back: "Actually, it is not going to be an album of covers. The album is going to be good."

After a short while, his PR stopped the interviewing - perhaps aware that Steve's 15 minutes of fame could well be ticking away.

as i said another mcmanus it just goes to show how crap these programmes really are

I really can't believe after all the weeks of the contest they end up with this guy....as having the x-factor....just shows what a fix these shows are....:(

Back