Tech News X Factor for Tech?!

little_pob

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Simon Cowell and Will.i.am 'to launch hunt for new Bill Gates' - by Alice Philipson

An X Factor spin-off show which aims to find a new technology entrepreneur to follow in the footsteps of Bill Gates is being planned by music moguls Simon Cowell and Will.i.am.
Will.i.am, a singer with the Black Eyed Peas and coach on BBC1's The Voice, has claimed he will be work with Mr Cowell on the show to give young people a chance "to express themselves" in science and maths.

Speaking at a technology conference in London, he said: “We’re working on a project called X Factor for tech — and it’s going to be out of this world.”

“Singing and performance create a couple of jobs. But this will create lots.

“It’s about getting in touch with youth and giving them a platform to express themselves — whether that’s in science or mathematics.”

Although details of the show are not yet confirmed, it's likely the programme will follow the format of the X Factor, where by budding entrepreneurs pitch their ideas to a panel of judges.

Will.i.am is the "director of creative innovation" for Intel and has previously spoken about wanting to launch a technology programme for tech-minded people.

He has also expressed interest in using technology to enhance his own work. Last year he discussed staging a virtual Black Eyed Peas concert, attended by thousands of avatars.

It's likely the new spin-off show will be based in the UK, although when the programme will be filmed and aired is unclear.

© Copyright of Telegraph Media Group Limited 2012
Source
: Simon Cowell and Will.i.am 'to launch hunt for new Bill Gates' - Telegraph

Back