Wireless PC-Cards, need help

mjg1986

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi
Hopefully soemone here can help me, I'm trying to use 2 wireless pc cards on my laptop at the same time, they are both the same make and model.

I can only use one at a time, if I put both in it only activates the first one i put in.

My laptop can detect both as it shows them both in the device manager, but says one cannot be started, it says
"This device cannot start. (Code 10)."

Found this website that had info on the problem
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;323610

But dont know how to implement any of the code.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

May be a silly question but why do you need two wireless cards? are you connecting to two different networks at the same time?

Capdan

capdan said:
May be a silly question but why do you need two wireless cards? are you connecting to two different networks at the same time?

Capdan

LOL yeh was thinking the same thing

error code 10 is a driver failure. this error is common after ms critical updates and often the only solution is to go to manufacturers websites in search of updated drivers. I have recently had a similar problem with a netgear pcmcia wireless network card,although i only use 1, the error code 10 and device failed to start appeared. I went to netgear's site, downloaded latest drivers which cured all.

yep want to to connect to two networks, ones for internet and the other a home network
using old adsl router for home network as i've got cable internet, thought i'd try this way before buying a bridge or access point

so you deffo have two different networks, two different access points?

Not something I have seen but I would say you have a few options
1 purchase another device and pop one card on ebay to cover your losses
2 config one device with the latest driver then install the second device with a different driver, i.e. the previous version if possible.

Would love to know how you have your network configured though! I have a few pcicma cards if you want to trade one for one. may be easyer for you in the long run

Capdan

Edited..... Just noticed this from another member :- Option 3 lol..... http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62553

Last edited:
i'll probably just swap with my mate who lives down the road, with 2 cards i can bridge the connection using win xp so both networks will have an internet connection.

Code 10 means the hardware address already in use!!

code 10 + driver error,had same with my netgear wireless and resolved also.

10. This device cannot start. (Code 10) Device failed to start. Click Update Driver to update the drivers for this device.
On the General Properties tab of the device, click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooting wizard.

Back