windows cannot connect to network ?

edogg

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have an old laptop that was happily running win xp but I foolishly put win 8 on it I did not like win 8 and have re-installed win xp , installed all the drivers that came with the laptop when it was new
It finds my wireless virginmedia hub on a scan , I have entered the password, the signal strength is excellent but it keeps giving me the error "windows cannot connect to the network it mat not be in range now".I have checked the network settings and the wireless network says it is "firewalled", I have gone into the change firewall settings but even turning the fire wall of on the router and the lappy it still does not connect if plug in the network cable it connects to the internet It is a wireless problem
I was connecting through the vmhub on xp before the win 8 experiment

XP can be a pain sometimes...

...applied all latest patches? Installed any vermin software that came with the router? If all else fails back the router off to WEP and try again.

I sorted i forgot service pack 3 which i had but i couldn't find the cd i eventually found a download nd after putting the key in and changing the vmsh to wpa it is ok now thanks for help

Sent from my Orange Monte Carlo using Tapatalk

Back