OS windows 7 licence key

Grenadekid

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have recently upgraded my main desktop from windows 7 to 10 through the online upgrade. Is it possible to use my old windows 7 licence to install windows 7 on another spare desktop I had in the house

Yeh should be fine if not just do the phone activation and tell them you upgraded your hard drive but you wont know till you try first

What about window 10 keys that you know off #little_pob that are legit as my window 10 ones are stuck to hardware in work and i was trying to do a clean install to run on my mac pro

G2play.net currently have Win 10 Pro keys from £12.41, but prices do fluctuate (they were about £17 the other week).

Worth noting that buying the Win 7 key will get you Win 10 anyway.

(NB other key selling sites may have alternative/cheaper options.)

I have recently upgraded my main desktop from windows 7 to 10 through the online upgrade. Is it possible to use my old windows 7 licence to install windows 7 on another spare desktop I had in the house

As far as I know once you’ve upgraded from win 7 to win 10 and you get activated on there

You’ve lost your win 7 licence and can no longer use it for any other installation other than the win 10 you originally used it on

I have a windows 7 key from when 7 first came out but when i go to use bootcamp on the mac it wont let you install anything less than windows 8 so reason im needing a windows 10 key for a clean install as i was planning on upgrading from 7 to 10 on the mac if that makes sense #little_pob

I have a windows 7 key from when 7 first came out but when i go to use bootcamp on the mac it wont let you install anything less than windows 8 so reason im needing a windows 10 key for a clean install as i was planning on upgrading from 7 to 10 on the mac if that makes sense #little_pob
There is a Windows 10 update coming in early November that will allow you to activate using a Win7 or 8 key, so you could download 10 and activate it then.

Back