Whole folders over FTP

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
Reaction score
ive managed to build a network that includes an xbox. i have a few folders/files etc that i want to FTP to the xbox. some of the games are contained in a single folder then have 3 or 4 folders inside comprising of folders and files in each folder.

instead of me building each folder and file structure (type thing) is there any way i can just select the one main folder and send the lot via FTP to the xbox and it will set out everything whrer it needs to be just like the original

any help will save me loads of drinking time

cheers in advance

DD

Hi Digi

any reason you want to ftp files to xbox ?

cant u just drag and drop the root of the directory tree u want to copy using win explorer, assuming the xbox will connect like that then explorer will make all neccasary folders within folders etc

as far as i know it can only be done via ftp (might be wrong) as you need a login and password to see the drives, ive tried copy and paste and drag and drop, niether of which worked

xbox ftp

my xbox has been part of my wlan for a while now & is my media centre... :) no more laptop->tv cables for me, fire up fireDaemon & stream away.

I havnt been on the scene for ages but is local access enabled on it by default?
Mine has been tweaked a bit & has a bunch of bolt-ons installed. If it looks like its just not letting you in for no reason, check xbox-scene.com they were very helpful when i had problems back in the day.

I do exactly what your saying using WS ftp pro it seems to be the best and esiest to use with my box. I'm assuming your box is modded and your using slayers evox. I always use a statick ip address as well just for ease of connection. Good shout from sgebbie about xbox-scene its dug me out of the cack on a couple of occasions.

Yes you can do that, i have not used smart ftp but with flashfxp just connect to the xbox ftp server and go to the folder on the xbox you want the folder to be placed in, like /E/Games

then on your pc locate the folder which houses the rest of the folders and files, right click it and click on transfer. Should send fine.

m0.

Flash will transfer all files and folders as they are no need to build manually, pass for the Xbox is
User: xbox
Pass xbox
Used in reverse will let you copy the enitire contents of the Xbox "D" drive to "examine" "cough" games LOL

remember to make sure your pc and xbox are on the same network ip's ie. PC > 192.168.100.12 Xbox > 192.168.100.13 etc. If your FTP's are timing out, then try using the FTP program on XBMC as this tends to solve some problems people experince tranferring using the dash FTP.

Also, from my experience its simply a case of 'drag and drop' into the FTP program and into your games folder on the XBOX.

An open source FTP program which works well with my xbox is FileZilla. I don't think I ever need to worry about creating directory structures manually with it. Not as fast as FlashFXP, but you also don't need a crack :)

Had my X-BOX hooked up for over a year now with good old media centre :)

I sware by flash FXP. it was one of the original ftp programs that would work with the xbox, stuck with it ever since.

Back