which tv is better

johnny bravo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
ok guys cant decide between THIS and THIS tv ?...which would you go for..not bothered about 3D...

Difficult decision being an Ex Pioneer Plasma owner for many years having all there incarnations i had high hopes for the panasonics as they employed the Pioneer Kuro team to improve there sets that was 4 years ago and i am still waiting in the meantime i am on my 3rd samsung Plasma (Upgrades not Faulty) and have been pleasantly surprised they get good write ups but so do the panasonics.

Samsung wins it for me on price, But i suspect Panasonic could be better Quality wise

Desicions, Decisions

i was leaning towards the samsung tv...have had samsung before no problems...will go for the samsung gonna go to JL tommorow...probably change my mind lol..been reading that the panasonic sound is very tinny, wheras the samsung sound is a lot better....i have the series 6 lcd 40" tv...sound is good....

Last edited:
ok..just got the samsung led smart tv, just messing about with it....how do i get this 100HZ refresh rate working ?...isnt this sippose to be for faster moving oobjects such as watching sports...trying to turn this feature on but cant seem to find it..lol

ok..just got the samsung led smart tv, just messing about with it....how do i get this 100HZ refresh rate working ?...isnt this sippose to be for faster moving oobjects such as watching sports...trying to turn this feature on but cant seem to find it..lol

did it not come with an instruction manual :whistle:

if it was between plsama tvs i would of gone with panasonic :)

dont really know what i would of gone for between LED tvs... but samsung would of just shaded it .....

enjoy your new toy mate :)

yeah lol, comes with manual, but prints too small, cant see. need reading glasses...lol,...great tv, still messing with settings etc...some of the apps dont work, needs an update to latest fw...not bad for £210 with 5 years warranty....lol...i know how did i get it for £210 !!!....my old sony tv was beyond economical repair, gave me £290 towards new telly, hence this was £500...so paid £210 instore....lol.

well to be honest dont think the picture quality of this smart tv matches that of my samsung 40" series 6 LCD TV....ive been messing around with settings but its just not the same...picture is just not sharp enough...was thinking of returning it for an exchange as i dont like it,,but they dont have any LCD tvs anymore...lol...my samsung lcd has sonetging called 100HZ motion plus....led tv doesnt...or must be called something else...

Don't use the motion plus mate, switch it off. Seriously after a while it will really get on your nerves. For some reason also all HD content looks fake, doesn't have that "hue" that seems to give it movie representation. Hard to explain but you will see when you're watching something with it on.

I have the 55" and I love the set, but as you say the apps/firmware need updating. My first one I had to do initially by USB stick.

I also have 2 other LED Sammy's and they are great (42"), which I paid £340 for before Christmas and that was cheap, so give consideration to the fact it was only £201.

As digi I was always Pioneer through and through (so much so I still have my very first Pioneer 42" Plasma) and it's as good as the day i bought it (picture wise), but i paid £2100 from Richer Sounds in 2006.

Last edited:
well had this tv for about 10 days now, been messing with settings and adjutments, just not getting use to the picture, sports or films with very limited movement seem fine, but anything moving fast there is motion blur, ive been watching the ashes and to be honest my older 40" lcd samsung gives a more detailed picture then this new 42" led samsung, the image is not clear, there is motion blur. On my older lcd samsung you can see fine details on objects, grass, peoples faces, you can really see clear details when there is a still image or a close up of someones face in HD. on the led sammmy it seems to be airbrushed, just not the same details, ive tried it withat led clear motion off/on , still the same. ive been reading that motion blur is common on all New led smart tvs ?...ime thinking of returning it to john lewis, for another set but they dont have lcd tvs anymore....are sony tv anygood, wass thinking of swapping it for this sony tv HERE..there always is a bright haze to picture, like cars that have them new crisp white head lights, if you know what im saying..lol

Last edited:
Back