What's your favorite curry?

astrolab

VIP Member (Resident chef)
Reaction score
Curry.. what special essence of living in this Planet.. I learn how to cook and enjoy Curry, from one of my employee, she was a sweet ...fat Indian Woman, and she was working for me for almost 10 years, than she retired , but during this collaboration, she teach me how to cook and make the real Curry, from India, made by vegetables only.. so after that, Over the years, I've tried Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Indian, North African, British-Indian fusion, beef curry, chicken curry, pork curry, lamb curry, tofu curry, curry noodles, spicy, mild, yellow, green, red, panang, curry croquette, curry rice, curry chicken salad, curry chocolate...I'll try anything with curry in it. I know it varies widely across regions, but no matter what form it comes in, it always appeals to me. What is your favorite kind? Thai Green curry? Tikka Masala.. Or maybe the thick, sweetly mild Japanese variety? Curry ramen? or what else??

My fav is a shakanga hottest one a restaurant and takeaway can serve it has dorset naga chillies in it 10x hotter then a phall and i love it :p

Yep, Thai Green for me although to me its got more to do with the taste rather than how hot it is.

Curry.. what special essence of living in this Planet.. I learn how to cook and enjoy Curry, from one of my employee, she was a sweet ...fat Indian Woman, and she was working for me for almost 10 years, than she retired , but during this collaboration, she teach me how to cook and make the real Curry, from India, made by vegetables only.. so after that, Over the years, I've tried Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Indian, North African, British-Indian fusion, beef curry, chicken curry, pork curry, lamb curry, tofu curry, curry noodles, spicy, mild, yellow, green, red, panang, curry croquette, curry rice, curry chicken salad, curry chocolate...I'll try anything with curry in it. I know it varies widely across regions, but no matter what form it comes in, it always appeals to me. What is your favorite kind? Thai Green curry? Tikka Masala.. Or maybe the thick, sweetly mild Japanese variety? Curry ramen? or what else??

BTW, I hope you are going to share some of her curry recipes with us :)

From another forum i posted this,

Most tandoori Indian takeaway is based on northern Indian style of cooking. When I have shown typical takeaway menu to Indian people from more southerly area they have not heard of most of the items on the menu. Even for northern based people may recognise the ingredient list and style of curry but will not know it by that name.

Personally, I prefer cooking of the Gujarat area which is often Hindu vegetarian. You can get it in the UK, one was featured on Ramsey’s best restaurant program, you can try high Indian density population places like Leicester and Wembley. You won't really recognise the menu if you are used to mass market indian takeaway E.g.

Sakonis

Also if you can find a good grill place, it’s worth its weight in gold. There is now a national chain called kebabish orginal who do that style of Punjabi food.

Welcome To Kebabish Original, Starcity - Birmingham

Hi lads
Tandoori Tikka Masala with freshly cooked pilau rice
tried cooking it myself a few times sometimes great sometimes c**p
They can wake me up for a good one

Chicken bouhna jalfriezi balti with extra,extra garlic served with chips:proud:

Curry is a western thing, most people in India or China or other places have never heard of the word.

Curry is derived from the Tamil word கறி kari, meaning 'sauce' and has no implications for the presence or absence of spice, or whether the dish is Indian or not.

I like Thai cooking, especially green or yellow Thai curries. I'm not one for mad hot curries as you don't get to taste the real ingredients. Thai cooking uses delicate flavours or herbs & spices, along with lots of lemon grass, and you can taste them all as you burn your mouth on the hotness some have.

chicken tikka masala i love it..with a cheese nan .i get a tandoori mix grill from my local Indians with masala sauce (instead of curry )and cheese nan you canny beat it.it does 3 adults easy.for under a tenner.me and my missus and my dog gets well fed when we get one...I'm starting to feel a little peckish now lol

Back