Wayne and Coleen Rooney ask media to respect privacy

Evastar

Inactive User
Reaction score
England striker Wayne Rooney and his wife Coleen have asked the media to respect their privacy amid allegations about his private life.

"The last six days have been extremely painful for us and for our families," the couple said in a statement.

They added that it was impossible for them "to attempt to resolve any issues in the current media glare".

Earlier, Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson refused to discuss his player's off-field problems.

The Rooneys' statement, released six days after the first allegations were published by the News of the World, added that they were facing a "backdrop of so many inaccurate and intrusive stories".

It concluded: "We would therefore ask that the media now respects our privacy and the right of our family to discuss these matters in private."

Wayne Rooney has played for Manchester United since 2004, when he signed from Everton, the team he supported as a boy, for £20m.

He is due to return with Manchester United to face Everton in the Premier League on Saturday.

He is also a regular in the England national team and scored as England beat Switzerland 3-1 in a Euro 2012 qualifying match on Tuesday - his first international goal in more than a year.

Coleen Rooney is a TV presenter and columnist.

The couple, who are both 24, met as school children in Liverpool.

They have been married for two years and have a 10-month old son, Kai.

Speaking at his pre-match media conference on Friday, Sir Alex said: "Let's put it to bed straightaway. I am not discussing any of my players' personal lives."

Everton's manager, David Moyes, was also unwilling to discuss his former player's personal life at his media conference.

He told reporters: "I think if you are a good football journalist you don't ask those kind of questions.

"If you are a gossip journalist you ask me those questions. I am interested in talking about the game and that's what I'll do."

However, Everton defender Phil Jagielka predicted earlier in the week that Everton supporters would give their former player some "stick".

"It should be amusing," he said.

BBC News - Wayne and Coleen Rooney ask media to respect privacy

Unfortunately in the past they have basically said "Wayne and Coleen Rooney ask media to respect that we want everyone to see us doing stuff because that's how we get a good chunk of our money".

As annoying as it is, if Rooney goes and nobs some stinker it's going to be in the limelight since that is what a good percentage of their livelihood is about.

Not bad when you do what Wayne has done and then get paid time off to sort the shit you caused out, not many jobs where you would get that.
He's not the first and he wont be the last and unlike some it wasn't with another players wife but still not worth that sort of money for a sh*g

coleen wouldnt have done anything of her own without the spotlight i.e fitness vids and crappy fashion shows or whatever. its part and parcel of beign a celeb. they like the lime light when its making them money but not when dirty laundry is on show. tough crap, and i bet ok mag or people will be paying one of them for an inside scoop sometime soon so the attention will be welcomed once again.

fook em both, we own them, we pay them, they are public property as far as i am concerned, its not them i feel sorry , its there parents.

its fair play to use the press when it benefits them, but not when its against them? cheeky bastids, how special do they think they are lol.

...It's just a shame that Shrek is so ugly, he has to pay people to have sex with him. He is ugly as sin, even Colleen has to get money to shag him! Yuk lol. :)

he probably thought he was paying for anonimity. that worked out

he probably thought he was paying for anonimity. that worked out

that never ever works m8... they may agree to it etc but im assumin the slapper was in need of money and decided to sell her story...

well you know she's a prostitute. if she is going to sell her body, you can assume she'll sell most things ;)

that never ever works m8... they may agree to it etc but im assumin the slapper was in need of money and decided to sell her story...

talking from experiance?? lol

only joking by the way

i`m not pro prostitute or anything, but hey, if shes an half decent looking bird who can make good money rather than a slapper i`d call her clever, 4 million unemployed and rising lol.....

Back