VU+ Duo Watching over local network

magicalbeef

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Is there any software I can install to pc so I can watch the box in another room? I know I can use the web interface but I'd quite like to use somethin I could use a remote control on. I've tried using the vu+ app in xbmc but channel changes are too slow to make it useful. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Could you not use your phone as the remote?

How? As far as I'm aware on the vu web interface you have to click on the stream icon on individual channels?

But the box is downstairs and the pc is upstairs, I don't understand how it would work? Sorry if I'm being dumb

if your phone is on WiFi, then they are on same network and can interact with each other.

What I mean is, if I watch on the pc upstairs, I have to load the vu interface, then click the stream, and to change stream I have to close it and open the next one. Is there any program
Or front end I can use, and use with a remote

the phone uses a over the network remote
it asks the ip of box when you set it up

forget the phone. just select the bouquet then channel. vlc will open.

Last edited:
xbmc with the vu+ pvr plugin is what you are looking for.

works well, but is slow to update channels each time you start it

that's why I don't use it anymore.

I just use the web interface, and open the streams in xbmc instead

Can you save the streams, to use each time? Ie could I create a channel list of streams then just select which one I wanna watch from inside xbmc?

I don't think so, I have never tried. and im having some network issues at the moment, and cant check it out.

sorry I cant be anymore help

No sweat mate. Messing about with windows 8 and found a dreambox app that looks perfect, downloaded a free trial, but can't find anywhere to input my settings!

Back