Watch dog pets at home.

our pets at home store is a good one (one of the few by the sounds of it) the fish tanks are often under treatment and all the hamsters etc look quite happy and healthy if there is any poorly animals then the staff take them home and nurse them

Used them years ago, never again as a few days later the fish were dead! Bet bet is to find a decent supplier/shop and stick to them as this makes you feel better if there's no hassles with dealing with them. You get to know what their stock is like and they get to know what kind of fish etc you require. Even looking on Aquarist Classifieds is a good bet too. You get a lot of enthusiasts and suppliers and at decent prices too and there's regions with people in your area who love the hobby just as much as you.

Aquarist Classified Adverts. Buy, Sell and Swap Classified Advertisments: Tropical Fish, Marine, Inverts, Malawi and Tanganyikan Cichlids, Discus, Koi, Tanks & Equipment.

There's loads of mistakes and heart breaks in this hobby but once you get on top of things is a pleasure and when folks comment on your tank/s it's all been worth it.

our pets at home store is a good one (one of the few by the sounds of it) the fish tanks are often under treatment and all the hamsters etc look quite happy and healthy if there is any poorly animals then the staff take them home and nurse them

But did you know that all the filteration is linked? So any diseases from the quarantine tank get spread around as do the meds. We have 2 stores near us and they are both shocking for fish.

i had a tropical tank with all fish from Fish Are Us. Aquarium & Pond Supplies in Wellingborough

bought 14 neon tetras from pets at home and about £300 worth of fish were dead within three weeks.

i will never buy fish from pets at home again.

i even went in one day the store in wellingborough were about to put the fish in the tanks and there were loads of dead fish in the tied up bags (fk knows how long they had been in there for)

and they have some 17-19 yr old that has probably no knowledge of fish keeping asking me questions about how many fkn plants and what size my tank is....???

they don't know wtf they're talking about in there.

regarding fish anyway.

Yeh and now they say they won't sell you a goldfish unless your tank has a filter in it wtf???????? how many years have we had goldfish in bowls and they've lived longer than their cr4p fish? The old fairground fish lasted longer than some of their stock. Bet bit, one day my wife and youngest went to our local PAH store to get me feeders for my oscars and the guy said you know you have 7 days guarantee with these? Haha my kid had to walk away laughing as she knew they wouldn't last 7 secs once they were home. As said above they haven't a clue, stay well clear!

Back