[Wanted] windows 8

Nothing wrong with windows 8, it's superior to 8 as they are almost the same but 8 has a few improvements. Personally I use start8 to get the start menu back and it also boots straight to desktop that way.

Nap did you do the upgrade deal that was going about? If so did you create a DVD when it asked? Because that disc is fine for clean installs, I used it myself to format and install from fresh.

Nothing wrong with windows 8, it's superior to 8 as they are almost the same but 8 has a few improvements. Personally I use start8 to get the start menu back and it also boots straight to desktop that way.

Nap did you do the upgrade deal that was going about? If so did you create a DVD when it asked? Because that disc is fine for clean installs, I used it myself to format and install from fresh.

Hi

No m8 i got my copy from software4students cost me £49.99 came with both disks 32bit & 64bit its would let me do a clean install but code wouldn't work kept saying this is upgrade code so i was buggered, i even tried ringing Microsoft all they said was install your copy of windows 7 first, to much hassle so i sold it.

All you had to so was edit the registry slightly or another trick is to reinstall windows again over the top of itself before you activate it

never mind its sold now so, i keep thinking about getting a windows surface tablet as i think that what its really made for touch screen tablets i have tried it on my laptop but its says its not fully compatible something about secure boot is diabled, not sure what that it.

never mind its sold now so, i keep thinking about getting a windows surface tablet as i think that what its really made for touch screen tablets i have tried it on my laptop but its says its not fully compatible something about secure boot is diabled, not sure what that it.
Secure boot is basically something thats a part of windows 8 that is there to stop malicious stuff and unsigned code from running while windows is booting up. Its not something you need mate. The only way you could get it working is if your motherboard has a bios update that supports it.

My mate has a surface and its a nice bit of kit but I'd still pick an ipad or android tablet over it as the windows 8 store is so lacking in decent apps

Back