vix4project

i dont like your comment of you can sell me a receiver i do not sell receivers and never did.

sorry mate I was speaking to lavaman if you look back through posts. I appologise

lol mate maybe i overeacted but look on the brightside you added to your posts

lavaman do I need to apologise? I never realised I had upset you lol I was just stating my opinion that you seem to have given up on other platforms! alien2 can defo run open atv and also the sly skin you have used could be used on amiko! granted I accept they have different processors etc but why must the 2.2 build be left behind and so drastically different? I would love a build like that on my box

Thank you, I think (hope) that you are at least getting the picture that I spend most every morning, noon and night working on these things but even regardless of the time, work and effort I put into this I don't get paid for any of this, in fact quite the contrary it costs literally hundreds of pounds a month just to keep these things running with server space, hosting, managing and the rest of it that's before even contemplating any updates and what is and isn't supported - If you think I throw these things together in 5 minutes and that's that then please believe me that's not the case at all, if you think I've just taken some existing code and thrown a skin on and a bootlogo and called it done then again please believe me that's not the case. If you do have any 4.0 hardware then please try it out just to see that yes it's based from OpenATV and yes it's largly using the Kidda C Slyk1HD skin (who of course both have my full respect and are given credit) but if look more closely you'll see there are so many little differences between the ViX4 4.0 releases and the original sources used, some obvious, some less so but it really is very different in many respects (of course less so in others), it's taken me months and many relentless days and nights to get where I wanted to be with this, so please I don't ask for anything than giving me a little bit of respect for deciding what and where I go with my projects, I don't ask you to like or agree with everything I do but please just a little bit of courtesy towards me wouldn't hurt - If all I ever get is demands for something then that is only ever going to end one way, courteous requests are of course a very different thing. :)

Now I have spent hours even over this last week via Skype helping users that are on the 2.2 releases (mainly Alien users) so that's not by any means abandoned in terms of both hosting and my time and effort to it's users and believe me when I say I had already spent days and hours and especially so over Christmas and New Year working on the 4.0 releases to have them available for Alien range as well but the results where not good (if OpenATV 6.0 works well then great but that isn't what this is) but to put you in the picture of where I am right now I am just in the middle of updates to move 4.0 to Build 002-blue+ which in itself is something new because the idea will be to fully support an online software update which so far has seemed to do just as I want but as this is the first time ever of offering this then it's got to be done right and needs my full attention to make sure it doesn't end in disaster!

When I've over seen this and when I have had time to breath again I am going to revisit the Alien range, I am not sure because of what I want 4.0 to do that this will ever work with 4.0 but perhaps there could be some compromise along the way, I honestly don't know and I honestly am making no promises (because I can't) but I will make one promise in that I will at some point soon in the near future at least revisit looking at what if anything I could do to further support them after 2.2. :)

Last edited:
Back