Using Edited Channel List as Template

chopaxepiece

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello guys,

a few month ago i spent the afternoon editing my channels with PVR800, took me a while but i deleted a lot of deadwood such as news and religion etc.

I had all channels in a certain order that i felt was easier to navigate.

Since then channels have moved and been renamed and i need to update my channel list to get them back on.
Is there anyway i can use my old TP_PROGS file as a template, so when i upload the newest list it'll automatically be placed in my original order?

As an example:
Newest Channel List
1. Sky 1
2. Sky Living
3. Gold
4. Sky 2
5. Sky Living +1

My Channel List:
1. Sky 1
2. Sky 2
3. Sky Living
4. Sky Living +1
5. Gold

Any info would be greatly appreciated

Karl

You should always keep a backup of your very first channel list you made.
If you have not done this do a blind scan then dump that list back into PVR800.
After blind scan your list should be the same but will loaded with new channels at the end.
Just move them to where you want.
Be sure to double check the channel as there's usually more than 1 channel.
IE....
two sky sports 1 channels.
Only 1 might work.

Also a blind scan will auto rename channels. But will not fix movements.

You should always keep a backup of your very first channel list you made.
If you have not done this do a blind scan then dump that list back into PVR800.
After blind scan your list should be the same but will loaded with new channels at the end.
Just move them to where you want.
Be sure to double check the channel as there's usually more than 1 channel.
IE....
two sky sports 1 channels.
Only 1 might work.

Also a blind scan will auto rename channels. But will not fix movements.

Thanks the quick response River,

I have my original channel list that i made myself on my USB. However when i load up any file in PVR800 despite what i try i keep getting file load error.

I'll try that blind scan first and see what happens...

Thanks the quick response River,

I have my original channel list that i made myself on my USB. However when i load up any file in PVR800 despite what i try i keep getting file load error.

I'll try that blind scan first and see what happens...
have you renamed the channel list TP_PROGS.abs before you uploaded it to PVR800?

Thats my newest list mate.
You can edit that one if needed.
https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/openbox-hd-receiver-450/439342-download-update-new-channel.html

Yes sir, I have 2 files on my USB.

One starts with 3511HDback_up.abs which is my back up channel file, then the other is TP_PROGS.dbs which I rename the extension to abs and still getting the "file load error"

I used to have it working but now its just not complying lol

I've just done that blind scan, got a load of new channels but most of them i originally deleted has i never watch them. I could do it via the box itself but it would take hours and hours and i doubt i'd have the patience haha

Yes sir, I have 2 files on my USB.

One starts with 3511HDback_up.abs which is my back up channel file, then the other is TP_PROGS.dbs which I rename the extension to abs and still getting the "file load error"

I used to have it working but now its just not complying lol

I've just done that blind scan, got a load of new channels but most of them i originally deleted has i never watch them. I could do it via the box itself but it would take hours and hours and i doubt i'd have the patience haha
backup what you had on your memory key.
Now make sure your memory key is empty. Now put memory in back of box and dump TP_PROGS.dbs
connect memory key to laptop. You should have 4 files in it. Remove every BUT KEEP the TP_PROGS.dbs

now rename the file TP_PROGS.abs
open PVR800 and upload it.
You will need to select .abs in PVR800 so it will find your list.
Any channels that have moved recently you will find at the bottom then move them to where they should be.
Once your finished you will need to rename it back to TP_PROGS.dbs then upload it to the box.

That could be where i am going wrong, I'm dumping it from the front USB??
You should use rear USB port.
All instructions I gave will rename channels and after a bit of editing you can fix blank screens or invalid channels.

Hope this helps mate.

No joy, still the same.

I formatted the usb, plugged into back of the box, dumped TP_PROG file.

Deleted the other 3, tried loading in PVR800, same daft file load error

I can see me putting my fist through the screen before the nights out lol

- - - Updated - - -

I cant even download your channel list you posted earlier, says i need a minimum of 5 which i now have but cant

River please excuse my absolute noobness, I wasn't even using PVR800 but SETEDIT100, I've now installed PVR800 and gonna give it a whirl

K River, I've uploaded the new updated channel list to PVR800, how can i use my old channel list database as a template? so i don't have to reshuffle everything and spend hours doing so?

K River, I've uploaded the new updated channel list to PVR800, how can i use my old channel list database as a template? so i don't have to reshuffle everything and spend hours doing so?
if you dumped your personal list it should be in the PVR800.
You will have loads at the bottom. Just move them to where they need to go. Then delete them all. Shouldn't take long using that program and once it's done it's saved in the box.
(You can use that as template)
ALWAYS remember to rename channel list back to .dbs before your upload it to box.

Last edited:
if you dumped your personal list it should be in the PVR800.
You will have loads at the bottom. Just move them to where they need to go. Then delete them all. Shouldn't take long using that program and once it's done it's saved in the box.
(You can use that as template)
ALWAYS remember to rename channel list back to .dbs before your upload it to box.

I think i get what you mean,

I do a blind scan, new channels are added to the bottom of the list, I then simply move each one to the desired location? save, change file name, re-upload to box?

Can i just say thank you for helping me, i really appreciate it

- - - Updated - - -

I've just tried uploading the new blind scan dump to PVR800 and it says unrecognized bin file even after editing to .abs? any suggestions?

Ignore that last bit, finally got it to work after dumping a fresh file

Last edited:
I think i get what you mean,

I do a blind scan, new channels are added to the bottom of the list, I then simply move each one to the desired location? save, change file name, re-upload to box?

Can i just say thank you for helping me, i really appreciate it

- - - Updated - - -

I've just tried uploading the new blind scan dump to PVR800 and it says unrecognized file even after editing to .abs? any suggestions?
No mate. All should work.
It must be TP_PROGS.abs.

"NOT" TP_PROGS.abs(1)

after you select .abs in the PVR800 program and the location of your file it should pick it up.

Back