USB Booting

zephyr4

Reaction score
I am looking for a program so I can make a usb drive boot and run certain file.

Thanks z4

Last edited:
download rufus to make a usb bootable device..from HERE turn off your antivirus as it thinks its a virus but its not..

Bare in mind that from windows (8 I think) you really have to fight with windows to boot from anything else except the windows HD

Tried rufus and did not have any luck any other I could try.

Bare in mind that from windows (8 I think) you really have to fight with windows to boot from anything else except the windows HD

Not strictly true. The bios and motherboard dictates the boot sequence and whilst from Windows 8 onwards it has more control over motherboards with a UEFI bios, you can still set the boot sequence or use the boot menu to choose what to boot from.

How to create a bootable Linux Mint USB drive using Windows

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.
I tried this on the weekend and after looking at the USB key in easaus partition manager. I found a unwanted partition deleted it,and got it to boot. Now my super hub I'd still showing mint as connected even though the USB is not in the computer , I have rebooted the superhub reset the connections, but it still has mint as a connection

Sent from my Blade S6 using Tapatalk

Another vote for yummi used it loads , but you will probably have to enable legacy mode in your bios to boot it

Thanks I got it booting but it was slow accessing the net . I have stopped using it but my Vsuperhub is still showing as connected it was on a USB key that has not been booted since Sunday

Sent from my Blade S6 using Tapatalk

Another vote for yummi, depending on your bios you may need to enable legacy mode first

Rufus is the best. Used it to build Win 7 and Win 8 usb keys and it always worked

I am using Windows USB/DVD Download Tool to create an USB Stick.

Back