upgrade windows 10 student licence to normal windows 10.

Grimeire

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I was tired to trade in an Dell XPS 9550 that i got free from work and never use but they would not accept it as it had a student edition of windows on it.

Anyone have any idea how to either get a free windows 10 license or to convert the student one to normal windows 10?

TIA

Not just do a google can get a key for £2.99 ?

could always wipe drive install win 7 get the free win 10 upgrade available or install win 10 use an activaction method

Not just do a google can get a key for £2.99 ?
i cant find it anyway for that price. Cheapest i could see was about €20 but not sure if these are legit.

I see a load of sites saying you can do X, Y and Z and get it for free but i dont have the time to test these. I just want rid of this thing as its been sitting on my office desk for like 2 years. I replaced the battery a few months ago cause i planned on using it but never did.

could always wipe drive install win 7 get the free win 10 upgrade available or install win 10 use an activaction method

does that actually still work. thought that ended in 2017 or something

I did a laptop not long ago and used this tutorial and worked fine

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

You will have to install Home or Pro nothing about student licence

ok guess i have to go looking for a window 10 or 7 iso.

I just installed windows 10 pro by downloading window 10 from the Microsoft site. During installation it didn't ask for a key or anything.

It seems to be running fine and I just checked the license using "slmgr.vbs /dlv" and it shows licensed.

I formated the storage before installing so it couldn't of gotten a key from the old install.

It seems that windows 10 must be free now.

I would get the Pro version. Way more features and less bloat ware.

I would get the Pro version. Way more features and less bloat ware.

Im selling the thing so couldnt care what OS was on it as long as cash converters take it.

i would imagine it has a digital licence from a previous install
can it get that from the BIOS/UEFI or something?

As i said old install was deleted before installing pro so it couldnt of gotten it from that and the old install license was for win 10 education.

if it had an installation of windows 10 before digital licence is stored on microshite servers

if you reinstall win 10 it activates automatically online

digital entitlement

If you have activated a free copy or bought and activated a copy of Windows 10 from the Store, you have a “digital license” (digital entitlement) for that device. This means that you can reinstall Windows 10, even a clean installation, and you don't need to enter a product key.

Back