totally clueless 48 yrs old

geoffthechef

DW Member +
Reaction score
Hi all i am into my gadgets and i have my ps3 on 3.55 cfw and wish to update it to the latest cfw is 4.30 v2.03 the latest fw?

And am i right in thinking i need multiman 04. 14.00full for doing this.....

I do not have much of a clue but get by,, thanks and is there any other information i need so i do not brick the machine? it is a 250gb thin one..

Also i have only ever been on psn once when i signed up for a user-name and password which i forgot ,,Is it ok to use psn with the above setup...thanks

no, you don't use MM to update, but you should have the latest one installed any way, I was reading that you need the new one to work along with the upgrade, but you should have had the new one on any way bud, and you should all ways make a back up of your nand. (RAR it and then keep it in 2 locations some where)

Depends what CFW you want, I have rebug on one and rogero on another. PSN access, All logged in and working online. :)

just follow the rule of thumb and you won't go wrong.

2- Always make a NOR/Nand dump using multiMAN before installing any CFW to have a recovery backup in case of any bricks.

Having a valid NOR/Nand dump is an essential step before upgrading, because you will always have a chance to recover when you have a valid dump.
** A Hardware Flasher alone without a valid dump may not fix your bricked PS3 **

3- The QA flag is better to be always Enabled on your PS3 for safer upgrading/downgrading operations. toggle_qa.pkg

4- Please Check the MD5 of the downloaded PUP file before installing any CFW to avoid possible bricks.

5- DO NOT HAVE DISC IN PS3 WHEN UPDATING FIRMWARES..As the PS3 will take the UPDATE from the DISC First.

Thanks for the important tips...HOW do i make a copy of nand. is it best to keep a copy away from the ps3? Regards geoff..

Yeah, once you have it. copy it and then "RAR" it, that way it keeps the data integrity should you need it in the future, make a few back ups and keep them.

here

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the important tips...HOW do i make a copy of nand. is it best to keep a copy away from the ps3? Regards geoff..

To dump NAND/NOR Open multiman file browser mmOS->Select any file->Open in HEX viewer->[SELECT]->[START]->DUMP LV2(YES\NO)->DUMP LV1(YES\NO)->DUMP FLASH(YES\NO)

Back