Top Ten Elvis Songs

Zooropa

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Love Me Tender has been voted the best Elvis song of all time.

On the eve of the 50th anniversary of his first single, fans were asked to vote for the King's finest record.
1109593.jpg

Despite only reaching no 11 in the charts when it was released in 1956, Love Me Tender topped the poll.

Heartbreak Hotel was second and Suspicious Minds came third.

Fourth was A Little Less Conversation, which failed to make an impact when it was originally released in the 1960s but went straight to number one in 2002 after it was remixed and featured in a Nike advert.

Jailhouse Rock was in fifth place, Always On My Mind was sixth and The Wonder of You seventh.

The other hits to make the top 10 were Hound Dog, Blue Suede Shoes and Elvis's first British number one, All Shook Up.

More than 3,000 people took part in the internet poll conducted by Woolworths.

Monday marks the 50th anniversary of the recording of That's All Right (Mama) at the Sun Studios in Memphis - the King's first single and regarded by many as the birth of rock'n'roll.

It was never released in the UK but record store HMV are releasing a limited edition version on Monday - which could give Elvis his 19th number one.

Top 10:
1 Love Me Tender (1956)
2 Heartbreak Hotel (1956)
3 Suspicious Minds (1968)
4 A Little Less Conversation (1968)
5 Jailhouse Rock (1957)
6 Always On My Mind (1972)
7 The Wonder of You (1970)
8 Hound Dog (1956)
9 Blue Suede Shoes (1956)
10 All Shook Up (1957)

well he was a class act not a lot around that could follow in his shoes nowadays with alll the crap music that is going about now.

Now thats not quite true mi ole m8 is it?

I bet you would give him a run for his money with yer singing

known as The FolK Singer

when u started they all sighed

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhh Folkkkkkkkkkkkk !!!!" hes at it again ole Bomber LOL :)

away and play with your fish you old fecker ...lmfao

Lmfao Im hoping to be singin an ole Elvis one to you after

Youll be singing " Im all Shook up! on mohaa after when I stick mi rocket up yer ass :salute:

madbomber said:
well he was a class act not a lot around that could follow in his shoes nowadays with alll the crap music that is going about now.
MB you never here vat19 sing i think he is elvis son lmao :Frog:

@scoot Don't Be Cruel to auld :mad: bomber you know it leaves him All Shook Up even tho he sounds like a Hound Dog. I Just Can`t Help Believing that maybe when he gets rid of his Blue Suede Shoes he will be a good singer he comes from a family of great singers they were all sewing machines. :) :) :)

rrlmfao@Rab

you will get a rendition in yer Earholes when u nip round fer tea m8y lol :)

Rabs post inspired me to tell this story :)

Once One night when playing moh. I noticed MB was crying in the chapel. (in Brest) I said “are you ok m8? Or are you lonesome tonight?lol He answered “its that scoot” “he is always on my mind the fecker.

“Why’s that m8?” “Well!” he said. One night he told me ”its now or never me old mucker” ”I cant help falling in love with you. So I want you to get down on all 4’s like a Hound Dog, Old Shep! cos I wanna get Stuck on you”.

He told me that I was his Teddy Bear, and said “My Boy. I need your love tonight”. But when I said “Love me tender” he just ignored me, and then got Way Down.

IT HURTS ME” I cried “You gave me a mountain:rolleyes: .
But he didn’t care (sob sob).

Don’t cry daddy” he said. “Remember I found you in the ghetto ? and I can take you to the promised land with my burning love”.

But the Trouble is! Ever since he took me on his Mystery train and I sang The hawaiian wedding song, we ended up going our separate ways.
Because Suspicion has lead me to believe, that Huggi is his Latest flame. So that’s why I’m Moody blue.
.Well that’s a true story…. “I know”…”I was that soldier!!”
ROFLMFAO

Lmfao...diamond That Is A Jem M8...lol

rrlmfao

I feel like Fookin Charlie Richardson now yer old Spunka lol

Yeah theres 2 of yer both Diamonds

Both ole School *Black Arts* an Gents :) ;) ;)

Fook me Ive forgot before I go

The Presidecny of the Seti Team awaits Ewe

Last known Member Madass Hussain

Stable Presidenti rofl :)

Back