TomTom 950 Live

Hi, does the satnav show up as a drive in my computer on pc ?, the ones that cant be updated are the ones using linux software, so when you plug it into the pc it doesnt show up like the older ones in my computer, you have to use a different software called mytomtom which is internet based, the older models use tomtom home which can be updated, im not sure what you model uses off top of my head,

Thanks for replying.

Just plugged it in and in 'My Computer' I get 'Removable Disk (E)' which when I click on says 'Please insert a disk into drive E:'

I also get the 'two red hands' TomTom logo in 'My Computer'. When I click on this I get a whole load of icons.

any good?

Last edited:
Hi, i think yours should be able to be updated then mate, if i was you before doing anything back it up, then if anything goes wrong at least you can transfer them files back on, also check out site called gpsunderground, its got all the maps on there and a compatiblity chart which will tell you which version map you need, you will probably want to install tomtom home aswell which can update your sat nav etc, hope that helps abit mate

Back