The Mayor's Ball in the Black Country.

C

cyggy

Prince Charles was invited to the Mayor’s Ball at Tipton. He sat there at the feast with what looked like a Davy Crockett hat on. The Mayor was unhappy but curious. “Hey yow, Waiter, goon ask ‘Im what that bleedin’ thing is on his yed”. “Ar bay doin’ that yer Onner, E’s Royalty ay ‘E.” “Yow doo uz yow’m bleedin’ tode” “Ooh awl rite then”
“Hey yow, Yer Royal ‘Ighness, the Mayor wants t’ know what that thing is on yer yed”. “Oh, I say, oh, well, er, I was out shooting with my friend and I shot a fox. My friend said it would make rather a naice het, so I had it made into a het.” “Thank yer aer kid, Ah’ll goon tell ‘im what yow said”. “Yer Onner, ‘E said he wuz aht with ‘is mates, shot a fox un then ‘ad a ‘at med aht of the skin” “Well yow goon tell ‘Is ‘Ighness this is a posh do, why’s he got the bugger on ‘ere t’nite?” “Ooh awl right”
“Yer ‘Ighness, why’ve yow got the bugger on ‘ere t’nite?”
“Oh, well, er, you see old chap, when I received the invitation I said to Mamma, I say Mamma, I’ve received an invitation to the Mayor’s ball at Tipton, and she said “Oh wear the fox hat”.

Back