Technomate TM 1500CI+ Super

SkinbacK

Inactive User
Reaction score
Here's an exclusive review of the latest TM1500CI+ Super receiver (September 2005)
For the past 24hrs I have been checking out Technomate's new and improved receiver, the TM1500CI+ Super, and believe me this new version is definatly Super.
Super means this model has new hardware blind search
And you can also use any previous TM1500CI firmware above version 1.42
TM1500CI+ Super software can auto detect hardware and display the model name appropriately
On first inspection there are no cosmetic differences between the TM1500CI+ and TM1500CI+ Super, but the remote control has been completely remodeled and has extra button functions added, I must admit after using the TM1500CI+ remote the TM1500CI+ Super remote do get a little getting used to, but its a much better laid out remote giving direct access to most functions now.
The performance of the TM1500CI+ Super is the same as the TM1500CI+, but where the TM1500CI+ Super stands head and shoulders above the TM1500CI+ is in its new Blind Search abillity, not only can it do a Blind search of a satellite in approx 7 minuites (times vary according to the satellites capacity obviously) for example:
Blind search on Turksat took 10 mins
Blind search on Eutelsat W2 took 7 mins
Blind search on Sirius took 7 mins
Blind search on Hispasat took 8 mins
Also you can now set all the parameters of the Blind search if you so desire, which is a great feature, here are a few examples of the different parameters you can set:
Frequency: you can choose a start and end frequency of the search. any where between the limits of your LNB, which usually is between 09.600 and 12.750 mhz.
You can also set the following, if needed:
SR
Pol
Mode
You may not be familiar with the SR: options so here is a breakdown of them:
I must admit I thought they were refering to the dish size on first seeing them
Full : means full range of symbol rate (Fast mode)
Over 7.5M : blind search over symbol rate range 7500 (7500 ~ 45000)
Under 7.5M : blind search under symbol rate range 7500
Under 3.7M : blind search under symbol rate range 3700
Detail : means full range of symbol rate in detail mode.(Takes a little longer but covers all)
High symbol rate blind scan is very easy and fast, but it's very difficult to detect low symbol rate in a short time.
So it's possible to be missing the low symbol channels in fast mode (FULL option)
If user want to check only low symbol with detail mode, user can use above option (Under 7.5M, Under 3.7M)
And if user want to check only high symbol rate, user can select "over 7.5M" option (It's faster)
Detail mode is somewhat slow. As it attempts to search the full range repeatly, so by selecting this option you aren't missing any possible channels.
Almost all satellite don't have low symbol rate. And low symbol search takes longer, So, to speed up the blind search, default mode is setting "Full" option
Normally almost all low symbol rate channels can be scanned with Fast mode (FULL option), but sometimes, this option can overlook some of the channels.
On all the Blind searche's I did, I found it easier just to leave the Default setting in place, these are:
Frequency: 10.700 - 12.750mhz
SR: Full
Pol: All
Mode: All
Once you start a Blind search you may notice that if you selected all under Pol< then the first 50% of the progress bar will be vertical, then the second half will be horizontal, the search is done on predefined incriments of 0.008, giving full coverage.
And you will be amazed at the speed this little gem of a receiver responds and reacts to a search, finding and storing many new channels from most satellites, most blind search receivers can spend several hours doing a complete scan, not the TM1500CI+ Super, average time for a blind search 7 minuites, to me thats an incredable feat.
You can also use the same software / firmware as used on the
TM1500CI+ but do not use firmware lower than version 1.42 on the TM1500CI+ Super.
This is a true enthusiasts receiver that delivers more than you would expect, and I don't believe, that any other blind search receiver, can do as good as this one, but that's just in my opinion.
Please Note:
The TM1500CI+ Super will not be released for sale for at least another month, possibly it may take a little longer.
Also as this receiver has not been released yet there could be changes to the final product.
by secana/'dimpll'

Sounds like an excellent improvement on its way. Not many use the blind search so for most they wont notice any difference but it will be great being able to search for your own footy feeds 10 mins before a game rather than relying on someone to post info :).

Back