slyboy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Team HyperX Presents IXtreme 1.61 firmware for Benq and Samsung drives
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IXtreme fw for Benq and Samsung drives! grab from xbins

Features
--------
-Strict Wave 4 compliance! hybrid (modified disks) will not boot!

-Strict Wave 3 compliance! hybrid (modified disks) will not boot!

-Strict drive speed compliance - 12x only for game discs!

-Support for SS V2!

-Integrated 0800 for game dumping including SS v2!

-Full support for all known game exceptions! eg ddr etc!

-One shot boot mode! - allows a one off boot of gamedisc without -stealth/partition checks (will still use stealth), use activate.iso disk to activate each time!

-Support for easy drive key/version info cmd, same as liteon!

-Strict stealth/wave checking, one shot boot mode will boot wave(x)!

More Info
---------

Strict Wave 4 compliance means wave 4 games will only boot if they have correct PFI/DMI/SS and timestamp for wave 4

Strict drive speed compliance means games will only boot if drive is set for the initial speed of 12x, any modification of this make games fail to boot

SS v2 suports multiple timing samples for challenges type 5 and 7 , stroing them in the SS. This is a pre-requiste for SS v3 which has support for the so called AP2.5 check. Since this has never been used or may never be used by MS we will adopt a wait and see approach and continue to monitor for its usage.

With drive in Windows mode (Tray half open on powerup) 0800 mode is activated allowing easy dumping of game disc including SS v2. In this mode the drive is also able to output drive key, fw version and drive type by using a simple custom inquiry command.

Game exceptions are integrated in the fw for games that do not comply with the strict wave checks but are legitimate. These are Dance Dance Revolution Universe, Stoked, Ping 17 disk, afro samurai

One shot boot mode allows you to boot a Wave X or non stealth game by using the activate.iso disk as a flag. Just insert the activate disc and the next disc inserted will boot without any strict checks. This will still utilise full stealth if available. As soon as that disc is booted the flag is cleared, and you will have to re-insert the activate disk again to enable one shot boot. As always use with caution.

Note for unofficial releases:

It is highly recommended that you do not flash unverified or unofficial releases. We often do not implement specific
security features in beta firmwares that are neccessary precaution's to help keep everyone as safe as possible on Xbox Live.

Last edited:
Just a official release of the leaked iX.

As per the last paragraph, to use a leaked firmware is risky shit. We done condone it, and we wont support it.

its out on xbins mate team hyper is the official one the one before was unofficial

Correct.

I wished c4 changed just one byte in it to change MD5 - just to piss people off.

Dirty leaking asshole.

i was just hoping along with thousands of others that it was soon lol

Same lol

So wots the deal atm with new firmware from iX oggy ? not want to use a boot disk for wave 4 games :(

For LiteOn?

Hope c4 releases it.

Why want 1.7 isnt 1.61 good enough?

For LiteOn?

Hope c4 releases it.

Why want 1.7 isnt 1.61 good enough?

now I am lost lol, are we not on 1.61 now that dont boot wave 4 ? or is that 1.6 ? LOL

If 1.61 is next in line I apologise, thought would be 1.7 being a new wave an all.

Think my drive is a Hitachi, I think. I dont flash it, neorage does for me :)

Need to ask Seacrest about ABGX.

If c4 releases it, its official, if he doesnt, its not.

I doubt LiteOn will reach the select few that could leak it now anyway.

Correct.

I wished c4 changed just one byte in it to change MD5 - just to piss people off.

Dirty leaking asshole.

Internet fame eh. Must be very precious to people. lol. Never understood it myself.

Who leaked it then Oggy mate? Or cant it be said? And also when will the liteon version be released??

Also just to check, if I have a spoofed hitachi, do I need to wait for the hitachi fw before upgrading?

If you abgx your backups, you dont need to upgrade Jan ;)

Discussion of the leak will never be public (unless thats leaked eh)

LiteOn? When? When c4 feels like it.

If you abgx your backups, you dont need to upgrade Jan ;)

Discussion of the leak will never be public (unless thats leaked eh)

LiteOn? When? When c4 feels like it.

You know me mate, I always abgx stuff.

And I guess its released when its released. lol.

is there a non stealth version of ixtreme which i can spoof my ms28 as a liteon? i fcked up the flash on the liteon and now it load show up in JF and fails to load in windows too

dont like swapping disks and it wont let me play songs from different lips games unless i load them from the begning

Back