Sweet, sweet music: Meet the man who makes playable chocolate records

roachieuk

Elite Member
Reaction score
SWEET, SWEET MUSIC: MEET THE MAN WHO MAKES PLAYABLE CHOCOLATE RECORDS

If you want to know how to make sweet, sweet music, then take a tip from Peter Lardong who created the world’s first chocolate record—the only disc that can be played and eaten. Herr Lardong from Berlin, Germany, came up with the idea of using chocolate to make discs after experimenting with ice cream, cheese, butter, beer, cola and sausages. Eventually the former brewery worker hit upon his own “special” mixture of chocolate which he melts, then pours onto a silicon mold of his favorite recordings. When the chocolate sets, the disc is removed and is ready to play or eat.

Each chocolate record costs approximately $6 and can be played on a standard record player for up to twelve times before it wears out (no doubt ruining the stylus) and then has to be eaten.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sweet, sweet music: Meet the man who makes playable chocolate records | Dangerous Minds

I guess this is a good way for spys to get messages across and have a tasty treat after lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Herr Lardong from Berlin, Germany, came up with the idea of using chocolate to make discs after experimenting with ice cream, cheese, butter, beer, cola and sausages.

The failures must have been interesting, why not lard or cotton wool?

Not exactly prone to intuitive leaps is he? I'll wait for the chocolate record player.:Biggrin2:

what makes me laugh is how people come up with these crazy ideas and forgive me if im wrong but hell the how did he make beer and cola solid.I mean suppose he could of froze them.But not sure lol i dunno i thought the japs were mad lol

what makes me laugh is how people come up with these crazy ideas and forgive me if im wrong but hell the how did he make beer and cola solid.I mean suppose he could of froze them.But not sure lol i dunno i thought the japs were mad lol

The funny part was that he even tried these things, even sausages. If you want an alternative material, most people start from
feasibility, and experiment from there. If you get the idea of a chocolate record as a novelty gift, then fair enough, but to work
your way through whatever you just happen to have to hand, is plain bonkers.

I think the very early recordings were on wax cylinders, so chocolate is not that much of a stretch, but I doubt they started
experimental recording on, say,....frogs legs.....if some happened to be around. You're right, the Japs have shown interest.:Biggrin2:

Back