Swap magic or Chip?

media07

Inactive User
Reaction score
i am using 2 ps-2 systems, one with a chip and other with a swap magic.

both play games great, some times you have to mess about with the image of the swap magic game some times but thats easy and its only a 5 min job.

just like to know what you think, swap magic or chip ps2?

i still like the chip!

defo chip no messing around required but on the other hand not used swap
magic much but my mate swears by it , waranty and all that : multi :

I went with swap magic becos it was so easy to install and really cheap to

daddy,oh sorry thinking of the wrong thing,personally if you can get it cheap enough a chip is definatly the wat to go with the ps2

I vote swap magic, cheaper and no probs with warranty

chip

chip all the way.had mine done the day they come out must be 6 years ago and mines still going.:grab:

swap magic on slimline as chipping very dodgy to do,points on board very small to solder to.using swap magic doesnt invalidate warranty either so is pretty fullproof.

ps2

swap magic cd trick is a good option if you planing to play old games but if you have the newer games chances are they wont work as if you noticed swapmagic release a new version of the kit every few months for update and really have to keep up to date or you fail to play newwer games and could get costly keep updating ,best option is a chip in my eyes less hassle and games boot every time.

Mod chip all the way, at £10.00 cheaper solution, and the use dev mode for .elf home brews as well
: big crow

Back