starview 7

gareth3352

Inactive User
Reaction score
Getting a starview 7.iS It best to hook it up with a lan lead to my router

yes m8 just a ethernet lead , but if had of been u i wouldve bought the Kryptview A780

Mick

ye.Just been reading starview last 12months.Is it then scrap or can it be set up with new file?

The starview is only supposed to last 12months as the rumour is that you'll get cut off from the server. Nobody really knows what will happen as they haven't been out long enough.
@ anyone with programming knowledge...
Has anyone examined the firmware for the starview and seen if there is any time sensitive strings......

The theory goes that the box has a timer that starts when you first flash it with the firmware. But who's to say that there won't be new firmware coming out. Or a way to reset the timer, if one is even built in.

Time will tell. But lets be honest if it only lasts three months your still quids in.
Wizbit77

The starview is only supposed to last 12months as the rumour is that you'll get cut off from the server. Nobody really knows what will happen as they haven't been out long enough.
@ anyone with programming knowledge...
Has anyone examined the firmware for the starview and seen if there is any time sensitive strings......

The theory goes that the box has a timer that starts when you first flash it with the firmware. But who's to say that there won't be new firmware coming out. Or a way to reset the timer, if one is even built in.

Time will tell. But lets be honest if it only lasts three months your still quids in.
Wizbit77
m8
they go off in 12 months from being logged on sv server

Hey tricky what proof you got m8 that starviews are going down in 12 months.This is Bu*LS**T m8 Ather companies are in competition and are scare mongering each other.
Crypview boxes would be the same. Just enjoy while it lasts. By the way what poof you got
Ray

Hey tricky what proof you got m8 that starviews are going down in 12 months.This is Bu*LS**T m8 Ather companies are in competition and are scare mongering each other.
Crypview boxes would be the same. Just enjoy while it lasts. By the way what poof you got
Ray
I willnot agree with wizbit77 that they last only for 12 months, I had starview4 for more than three years till nagra3 hits,and now I have a starview HD combo+ with lan and it works perfectly, conected to the router,with the latest firmware and works perfect.
The quality in picture is vey good comparing the SD previous boxes, conected with HDMi on my Panasonic V10 it works same as the built in freesat, works allmost all Hd programs expect Sky ones, and not to mention conection to satellite dish as well working perfect, changing in a click of the button from cable to sat etc,
Not bad to consider and by the way non of the other brands can guarantee how long they will work that it depends on other various reasons.

to my knowledge and even before it was released it was said it comes with a 12 month viewing,after which a newbox would be required,as far as i know this is still the case

Ray

it's common knowledge that the sv 6 and 7 only come with a 12 month connection, which is not the same as the kv, once you buy a kv it will work for as long as their server lasts

I willnot agree with wizbit77 that they last only for 12 months, I had starview4 for more than three years till nagra3 hits,and now I have a starview HD combo+ with lan and it works perfectly, conected to the router,with the latest firmware and works perfect.
The quality in picture is vey good comparing the SD previous boxes, conected with HDMi on my Panasonic V10 it works same as the built in freesat, works allmost all Hd programs expect Sky ones, and not to mention conection to satellite dish as well working perfect, changing in a click of the button from cable to sat etc,
Not bad to consider and by the way non of the other brands can guarantee how long they will work that it depends on other various reasons.

you are talking about using the sv HD combo as a sat box here and not a connection to the starview c/s server which is an entirely different thing

it's common knowledge that the sv 6 and 7 only come with a 12 month connection, which is not the same as the kv, once you buy a kv it will work for as long as their server lasts

you are talking about using the sv HD combo as a sat box here and not a connection to the starview c/s server which is an entirely different thing

If you read carefully what I wrote you'll se that I've said that I'm using both conections cable and satellite conections and both works fine.
on cable I've installed the latest firmware and works fine, in cable conections I'm using a cccam card sharing which again works perfectly fine with payed for using it.
I don't intend to prove anyone wrong I'm just stating on what I'm sure of.

the starview hd combo is working with n3? thought it was just the sv 6 and 7 were getting all the channels on n3?

or what exactly are you using the cable for on it? you aren't using the starview server then?

Back