Skybox F5s Skybox F5 Reliable?

alonso

Inactive User
Reaction score
How solid and reliable are these boxes? Any hardware issues? Over heating? Thinking of sticking one in the kids room for the price..

Hi i've had a skybox F5s for around 6 months now its been fine, although i would recomend getting a serial cable so you can reflash the firmware if needed.

you can do it all via usb, so quick and easy and you can pick up a usb memory card for a few quid. or if you get a couple of gb then you can also use it to record live tv.

my f5s box is spot on no problems at all, although would highly recommend you upgrade the tv guide :)

Hi i've had a skybox F5s for around 6 months now its been fine, although i would recomend getting a serial cable so you can reflash the firmware if needed.

you can do it all via usb, so quick and easy and you can pick up a usb memory card for a few quid. or if you get a couple of gb then you can also use it to record live tv.

When I first got my box I installed aj's channel and pulled the usb stick out without selecting safely remove usb in the menu and it bricked my box, I installed the latest firmware via a serial cable as this is the only way to recover a bricked box, cable was only a tenner from maplins but well worth it.:Biggrin2:

Had mine a few months, apart from not being able to sort out the wifi on it, its been fine

very cool, silent and no over heating

very very solid and simple to use

Last edited by a moderator:

my f5s box is spot on no problems at all, although would highly recommend you upgrade the tv guide :)

im new to skybox's but how do you upgrade the tv guide?

Theres a firmware update on

Not sure it works well in uk and ive not tried it there.

Look around the forums for more info, google always knows a few things too :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back