Skybox F3 Cline

mrlittlemicky

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello, I hope help can be provided by someone.

I recently got a Skybox F3 and bought a one month Cline to try on it. I first verified that the Skybox was connected to the internet by playing some videos on the YouTube app - this has been OK. I then entered the Cline manually, saved it, re-booted the box and pressed green on the Cline to make active however it does not work - the status "Login" is displayed next to the Cline. I then uploaded the same Cline via USB but the result is the same. I then got another Cline on 24Hr trial from a different site but again the result is the same!

Anyone got any ideas as to what the issue may be? Has location got anything to do with it?

These are one of the most finicky receivers available, have you tried going into the network setting and turning DHCP to Off reboot box back to network setting and turn DHCP on again and reboot once more might help also make sure that all the data you input into the F3 is exactly how you where given it the amount of times people miss or capitalise a letter by mistake is another classic

These are one of the most finicky receivers available, have you tried going into the network setting and turning DHCP to Off reboot box back to network setting and turn DHCP on again and reboot once more might help also make sure that all the data you input into the F3 is exactly how you where given it the amount of times people miss or capitalise a letter by mistake is another classic

Hi, thanks for the quick reply. I have not tried that as I figured since YouTube is working that it must be connecting to the internet OK. However if it is worth a shot then I will try when I am home again tomorrow. I have deleted and re-entered the line more than 10 times now, any letters are lower case anyway - I have also copied it into a cccam.cfg file and uploaded by USB with no joy.

Hi, thanks for the quick reply. I have not tried that as I figured since YouTube is working that it must be connecting to the internet OK. However if it is worth a shot then I will try when I am home again tomorrow. I have deleted and re-entered the line more than 10 times now, any letters are lower case anyway - I have also copied it into a cccam.cfg file and uploaded by USB with no joy.

Here is another tip if you want to do it by the book so to speak you would be better downloading the cccam.cfg from the F3 itself and adding the information into that one and then re-upload just in case the F3 does not like the .cfg file you created yourself

Here is another tip if you want to do it by the book so to speak you would be better downloading the cccam.cfg from the F3 itself and adding the information into that one and then re-upload just in case the F3 does not like the .cfg file you created yourself

I'm not sure how to download a cccam.cfg file from the F3 itself but I will play about with the menus and hopefully figure it out. Thanks, will add that to list of things to try also, here is hoping!

hello
all

a other thing that can stop the box from connecting is if you have a tick beside a Cline that is no active will stop it connecting to the Cline you are trying to connect, also if you still dont get it to connect try adding a other Cline and if you put the very same line info in and save and it show's the same Cline twice then there is ether a problem with the cam installed via frimwear or one of them is different, if your sure both Clines are the same then you will have to do a factory reset and then load latest frimwear and then again do a factory reset and try your Cline again, if it then work's add you channel list and your sort'd :)
hope this helps :)

hello
all

a other thing that can stop the box from connecting is if you have a tick beside a Cline that is no active will stop it connecting to the Cline you are trying to connect, also if you still dont get it to connect try adding a other Cline and if you put the very same line info in and save and it show's the same Cline twice then there is ether a problem with the cam installed via frimwear or one of them is different, if your sure both Clines are the same then you will have to do a factory reset and then load latest frimwear and then again do a factory reset and try your Cline again, if it then work's add you channel list and your sort'd :)

Seems like a bit of work in that one for a bit of a novice but if need be I will try to get the firmware and information on how to do it. Thanks, hopefully one of these will help.

Is there any point in trying the DHCP thing when I know that my F3 is connecting to the internet because YouTube is working?

hello
again :)

also if you'v done as iv suggested and still it wont connect then do as digi247 has suggested ( the one iv QUOTED ) and then hopefully your sort'd :)

@mrlittlemicky
i have to go now but im sure digi247 could give you a link to frimwear if he has time?
ill be back on later about 10.00 and can help you though teamviewer if you want, just post any questions hear and im sure some one will help but as i say i can help you later no problem :)
its not as hard as you think it just takes someone to show you and i can do that though teamviewer if you want? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Official firmware can be got from here:
Please dont forget to back up anything you wish to keep such as channel list etc...

Last edited by a moderator:
also problem can be the lines you have may be iffy

if box online ok look at the cfg

is line showing as active?

Does the line have a smiley face next to it?

Hi, sorry for my delay. The line does not say Active, it says "Login". It has a yellow tick next to it, not a smiley face. I have also tried downloading the .cfg file and entering the data before uploading it again with no joy. I may have to go down the road of re-flashing...

Back