SKY TV (UK) Help

maggot

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hey Guys, was hoping some of you bloody clever guys can help me out here.

Issue -

Currently have Sky HD, (actually just cancelled it) as I'm moving back in with the parents.

I'm wanting to add my box to my parents Sky subscription as a multi room box, I figured that would be the easy way to sort it.

The issue is they live in a hole for want of a better phrase, Sky couldn't or wouldn't install sky for them initially and a 3rd party did it in the end, basically there's a sky disk installed onto a scaffold pole sticking out the ground in the corner of the garden, probably about 4ft off the ground.

There are currently 2 HD sky boxes running off that dish which are taking up all the connections avaiable on that dish.

I guess what needs to happen is for my parents to call sky and add another multi room subscription added to there account and then what...... that's the issue !!!!

Do I buy one of these -

Satgear Sky Octo LNB 8 Way for MK4 Dishes- Have Upto 8: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

also is this the correct cable needed ? -

Labgear Black Shotgun Coaxial Cable Sky+ 100m | Coaxial & Sat Cable | Screwfix.com

and install that on the dish to allow 2 more sky boxes, 1 of course will be mine or can sky sort all that out for me as part of the installation ?

Oh and am I right in thinking that they will just send out a new card for my current box, and will this wipe my stored tv shows on the HDD ?

Cheers Guys

Appreciate the help

Last edited:
You might be better getting 1 of the guys on here to install it.im sure they wont be to hard on you a lot cheaper than sky.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

That's not out of the question, depending on price and what not of course, any installers want to comment ??? give a quote ? i'm in the Telford area.

Back