Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Six dead after bin lorry crashes into group of Christmas shoppers

joe516

VIP Member
VIP Member
Dramatic footage has emerged of people screaming in the aftermath of a bin lorry crash which killed six pedestrians in the heart of Glasgow.

Eyewitnesses described bodies lying in the road after the accident which happened as the city centre was crowded with Christmas shoppers.

Police Scotland described it as a ‘major incident’ in Glasgow’s George Square close to Queen Street Station.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Very tragic event to hit Glasgow once again :( Scotland is a very sombre place this morning. Thoughts go out to all involved.

I heard this this on the news this morning, but I missed what happened to the driver.

only speculation Martin but its thought he had taken ill at the wheel. He is in hospital as far as I know.

Very sad indeed, and my heart-felt sympathies go out the the victims and their families.
Considering how busy it must have been the toll could have been a lot worse. The lorry is said to have travelled some 300m along the pavement before ploughing into a hotel.

Another tragic event has happened at Christmas time again in Glasgow,once again the people rushed in to help the injured and to help where they could,same as last year.Very sad indeed,the thoughts of the City are with the family's and all involved in the incident at this terrible time.

Back