Sir Cliff Richard’s home searched by police

??? Seriously?

A figure of speech, unless you dream of being Superman or something similar.

In practical terms, fame and money opened doors to offers of just about anything they wanted at the time.

General acceptance varies in cycles, but most of us are shielded from temptation mainly by lack of opportunity.

As consolation, we tell ourselves we occupy the moral high ground.:Biggrin2:

In practical terms, fame and money opened doors to offers of just about anything they wanted at the time.

General acceptance varies in cycles, but most of us are shielded from temptation mainly by lack of opportunity.

We occupy the moral high ground because we have no opportunity to occupy the gutter? Really? ;)

We occupy the moral high ground because we have no opportunity to occupy the gutter? Really? ;)

Resisting the opportunity to occupy the gutter just puts us in the moral mid ground (if there's any such thing).
I'm just saying that lack of opportunity makes resistance to temptation academic, and while we might think we know how we would react,
we have no way of knowing unless exposed to it. Give me multi millions, and loads of adoring fans, and I'll let you know.
Perhaps it's as well I never got to find out! :Biggrin2:

There are lots of things I know I would never be tempted by, from instinct and inclination, but that's not resisting temptation
because there wouldn't be any. The rest, I don't really know, and I think the majority (who effectively sit in judgement) fit in this category.
Perhaps we'll get elevation to higher ground, the traditional occupants are somewhat depleted of late.

They had opportunities and temptations
the rest of us only dreamed of, and no doubt many succumbed, and probably still do, but with more care.

A figure of speech, unless you dream of being Superman or something similar.:

A figure of speech in rapey type terms? No superman here, just no desire to ever touch anyone that shouldn't be touched.

A figure of speech in rapey type terms? No superman here, just no desire to ever touch anyone that shouldn't be touched.
No such connotations. I meant semi realistic dreams, unlike the Superman example where you can fly.
I only have a vague memory of dreams which dissipate within seconds, leaving only a good or bad impression.
My wife remembers dreams in detail, and insists on telling me about some of them, though I suspect not all.:Biggrin2:
When I've heard other people discuss dreams, I assume anything illegal or immoral is further edited and most still
seem bizarre, to put it mildly. Do dreams have rules?

No such connotations. I meant semi realistic dreams, unlike the Superman example where you can fly.

You've lost me, it's the rapey type dreams that has me confusd & offended.

You've lost me, it's the rapey type dreams that has me confusd & offended.
Why are you confused and offended ? I never mentioned "rapey type" dreams, and don't have them afaik.
But dreams, by their nature, don't have rules that I know of, and can be about anything.
The Superman example was just to separate the impossible. Do you have "rapey type" dreams?

The conventional "figure of speech" dream would be rich, healthy, intelligent, physically attractive, maybe famous, able to go anywhere,
working if and when you wanted at something you enjoyed etc etc. It will vary between individuals, and some people are born with these
attributes. The rest, well, just "dream" about whatever they lack, or perhaps think they lack.
Millionaires may dream of being billionaires, who knows?:)

The rest, well, just "dream" about whatever they lack, or perhaps think they lack.

I seem to spend about 25% of my dream pulling some property to pieces, 25% chasing big-breasted blondes with flash cars and the rest is just mindless drivel. Make of that what you will ;)

chasing big-breasted blondes with flash cars

Somewhat confused here. Are you chasing aforementioned ample-bosomed ladies in your car or are they in flash cars with you chasing despairingly on foot?

I seem to spend about 25% of my dream pulling some property to pieces, 25% chasing big-breasted blondes with flash cars and the rest is just mindless drivel. Make of that what you will ;)
And I'm sure you'd behave like a perfect gentleman if you ever caught one.;)

But if they were chasing you, and demanding your "services", how fast would you run?:Biggrin2:

Last edited:
And I'm sure you'd behave like a perfect gentleman if you ever caught one.;)

But if they were chasing you, and demanding your "services", how fast would you run?:Biggrin2:

Of course! Mostly because I couldn't catch one and wouldn't know what to do if I did ;)

Of course! Mostly because I couldn't catch one and wouldn't know what to do if I did ;)
I'm sure you'd improvise, block a port maybe......... Anyway, salvation by lack of opportunity.

You don't know what you'd do, and I can hardly remember what I might have done. :Biggrin2:

But if they were chasing you? That's more the celebrity situation, not one we're likely to be in.

Maybe you should update your dream.:whistle:

I'll try a 'flash' upgrade ;)

Meanwhile, back to Sir Cliff... I see South Yorkshire Police have made a formal complaint to the BBC.

Last edited:
I'll try a 'flash' upgrade ;)

Meanwhile, back to Sir Cliff... I see South Yorkshire Police have made a formal complaint to the BBC.

It was reported at one point that other allegations had been made after the search, then complete silence.
The leak had to start at the police end, so any formal complaint seems like shooting themselves in the foot.

I vaguely remember the disruption caused by the Billy Graham dim wits. An opportunity missed.
Maybe I could have got a ringside seat.;)

Back