Skybox F5 setting up box

telsave

DW Member +
Reaction score
After having the dreaded crash when upgrading channel list. My son (Dutcho) managed to Flash (I think that is the term) But could not set up the channel list for me. He has had to go to work (Can you imagine that he prefers to earn money than help me out!!!!) Just wondered if someone would be kind enough to help me set up the box which is a skybox f5,you have to use words of one syllable though I am an old codger but Newcastle are on sky tonight and I would like to get the box set up for that.

I have a copy of AJ's upgrade channels by USB but until I can set up the satellite I cannot access the upgrade by USB. The satellite list I see in the satellite list does not contain sky do I have to set the satellite to another one and then upgrade by USB

If someone can set out an ABC step-by-step that would be great

Appreciate all the help I can get thank you

Have now got all channels listed but only able to connect to freeview channels can someone please advise how I may be able to receive PPV channels also please.

This might help.
ok if this is your first time using the skybox/openbox
Press menu
go to network setting
press 6666 to reveal ccamd setup
press ok and enter ccamd set up
now chose cccam client press ok
press ok on manage config files
cccam.cfg press ok
press blue to add cline or nline
now chose protocol cccam or press arrow across to change to newcamd
now enter you host server.no-ip.org (enter the details you have for your server)
port 12000 (enter the details you have for your server)

user mineuser (enter the details you have for your server)

password yourpass (enter the details you have for your server)

if your using newcamd enter your des key its normally 0102030405060708091011121314

now press yellow for ok
now press ok to put a tick at the end of your server line

after thats done press exit until your on main screen and then power your box of and on again with your remote and you should now have scrambled channels clearing.

I am grateful Manic01 that you have taken time out and given such clear instructions much appreciated

regards

Re: setting up Skybox F5

I am thinking that it is best to go back to start just in case we flashed the box using the wrong file would anyone help by recommending a Flash Programme suitable for setting up this box please.

regards

Just load latest using usb, no flash prog needed.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks manic01 all set up now and raring to go thanks again for taking time out to help me it is appreciated.

Back