Server 2003 Workstation share problem

Insane_Jesus

Inactive User
Reaction score
In my house i have a server with Server 2003 installed onto it. All of the user accounts have been set up and all the current users have been added to the domain controllers group (Just easier that way). Home directories have all been set and work fine. Individual shares on the workstations have had their permissions changed to allow domain users and controllers to access the file. My problem is that from any workstation i can access the shares on the server but i'm unable to even view what folders are shared on the other workstations whether i browse for them or just type in the address manually e.g. \\laptop\testshare. Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

Do you get any error message, are you running any firwalls eg ZoneAlarm?

are clients all running xp ?

the home directories have been set up in the active directory ? or have u not set this up

the indivudual shares on the clients have u setup as a share seperatly ?

i'd say it's probably the firewall thts stoppin u from seein (if u hav 1 installed)

are the pc's joined onto the domain? http://connectcomputer?

Can you see the pc's in network neighbourhood? are they winxp pro? Have you done sharing locally or on the network? what permission have you given the domain controllers group, full access as in folder owner or???

Give us a bit more detail if you can m8....there shouldn;t be any reason not to see them, but the answers to the above might give us a better idea.

also can you access another pc via - \\pcname\c$???

Back