S9 or S10

Exos

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I noticed recently a number of people who seem to be loading S9 Firmware onto the S10 boxes. Not sure if this is deliberate, a preference thing or that people just don't know thinking the latest version is right. It would probably also be tantamount to someone loading S10 firmware (or at least trying to) on an S9 box, which simply will not work and your likely to brick it.

On the surface it probably doesn't make a lot of difference, but seemingly when i check against those that are posting issues and look at the FW they are using low and behold it isn't the correct one. I'm not suggesting this is the be all and end all and root fix for every issue, but it would be best if you made sure that you had the right one for your box unless you 100% know what your doing.

So:

If you have the following look and feel to the screen where the menu is down the left hand side you either have an S9 or have loaded S9 firmware onto your S10

If you have the following look and feel with the menu horizontally across the top of the screen you have an S10 with S10 Firmware

Back