rst or distance

slaphead1726

Member ++
Reaction score
hi guys still new to this and stil confused but hear it goes, i have got 3 detail ways on our to program a funcard4. firstly thanks for all the people who have help me up to yet. i will start with distance, this was straight forward to follow put the ird and box key with the latest keys in, open up my programmer put the flash in and the int eeprom and it dont work,
2nd i have been given 2 ways on our to make a au funcard and been told this is the best way to do this, this said open up rst generator
but ird in backwards and then add you boxkey then save it has your ext erprom.hex, then open your programmer load your flash with chaosv3n*l.hex and your ext eeprom with what you have just done in rst generator and leave the internal eeprom alone.
3rd Stop using distance - rst is the way to go - programe ur card in less than 10second

Ok! this goes out to all the ppl still using distance and then coming on the forums asking for the god damn keys.

I dont see what all the fuss is about. I cant believe ppl havent worked out how to use rst yet. I was using distance before and as soon as the rst started getting posted i figured out how to use it.

Anyways for all those who havent bothered reading the readme in the rst download, this is what u do.

Have your boxkey and ird ready.

Open the rstgen.exe which is in the file that you download called lastestrstgen.

Type in ur boxkey and ird into the program. Select the correct area, ex-cw, ntl etc.

Click generate rst hex, then save the file on desktop. Call it rstflashMarch16 or something meanigful.

Then open up ur programming software.

The flash file is the file that u just made - so put that in there.

The Internal epprom file is dependant on ur area:

RsT_exCW_IntEEP.hex for ex-vw

RsT_NTL_IntEEP.hex for ntl

and

RsT_TW_IntEEP.hex for u guessed it TW!

Thats it ur dun, click write and u have a updated card.

Now heres the piss take for all those who have been using distance.

Next time theres a key change download the latest rst files. Fire up ur proggy software.

If u r in ex-cw the ALL u have to do is open :

RsT_exCW_IntEEP.hex for ex-vw

This is the internakl epprom file. Open that and click write. It takes 10 seconds to write. And ur DONE. no pissing about typing in new keys and waiting 30 seconds to write the flash file. 10 seconds is all it takes,

All u have to do is change the card to rst. Distance is in the past its all about rst. So stop pussy footing around a

nd get with the programme!

in this one i have to download the latest rst files then put my ird and box key and write has before in the programmer has an internal eeprom, if everything there is a key change where are the new rst files available for download

i have reading so much now and i just an getting confused by all the ways you can program cards so sorry about how long the page is but if anyone can shed some light on this for me it would be great

great forum
: multi :

Peter, since the advent of AU (Auto-Updating) funcards, there's now no need to keep doing what you're doing either, lol. Can't see where rstgen comes in when you've mentioned AU, though.
A funcard programmed using Toxic7 for exteep (note: NO inteep anymore) or use a MOSC image for exteep and the correct AU flash for your area will last until the keyroll method changes. A lot less frequent than a keychange or until the date expires, like they did November 5th.

HiYa,

WoW I can see you are confused, Me Too Now LoL. I think I read a Tut from somewhere that did use rst to make the exteep which is in my understanding is Totally incorrect.

Try the method edds as given you see how you go.

If you want to really want to try the rst method (basic Fun not AU) then make your flash file using rstgen enter your details select your area and save as your flash, then download the inteep for your area from Here if/when you can? erase your card first if you have been writing to it, then program your Flash and the Inteep to the card Job Done. Then when the keys change you get the latest Inteep and just write that to your card, no need to write the flash you just overwrite the Inteep.

Last edited by a moderator:
HiYa,

WoW I can see you are confused, Me Too Now LoL. I think I read a Tut from somewhere that did use rst to make the exteep which is in my understanding is Totally incorrect.

Try the method edds as given you see how you go.

If you want to really want to try the rst method (basic Fun not AU) then make your flash file using rstgen enter your details select your area and save as your flash, then download the inteep for your area from Here if/when you can? erase your card first if you have been writing to it, then program your Flash and the Inteep to the card Job Done. Then when the keys change you get the latest Inteep and just write that to your card, no need to write the flash you just overwrite the Inteep.
thanks for the advice but at the moment i can download yet is the any chance you could download the N*l inteep just this once and send it to me it would be great, just to get my card up and running, no problems if you don't will understand

Last edited by a moderator:
Peter, since the advent of AU (Auto-Updating) funcards, there's now no need to keep doing what you're doing either, lol. Can't see where rstgen comes in when you've mentioned AU, though.
A funcard programmed using Toxic7 for exteep (note: NO inteep anymore) or use a MOSC image for exteep and the correct AU flash for your area will last until the keyroll method changes. A lot less frequent than a keychange or until the date expires, like they did November 5th.
like you see i have been reading to many posts, so the way you do it, is a safe bet then.

thanks for advice much Appreciated
pete

like you see i have been reading to many posts, so the way you do it, is a safe bet then.
pete
Doing my m8's one now, the date expired and no, before anyone asks, it's for free. Pi$$ easy to do.

Doing my m8's one now, the date expired and no, before anyone asks, it's for free. Pi$$ easy to do.
would you sent me the files m8 just to get me up and running just this once from someone else from notts

pete
thanks edds sorry for being thick you coundn't write a step by step for how you do it m8 would appricate it m8

cheers from the thick one

Back