Win 10 Revo75 Windows10 update black screen

Clinkers

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi peeps. Trying to upgrade to Win 10 from Win7 on my Revo75; gets to about 50%, screen goes black (no cursor) and doesn't go further. I've upgraded my lappy from the mutt that was Win8.1 so I know the screen goes black anyway, but it's not rebooting to continue install. I've checked & upgraded drivers and flashed to newest bios but no luck. Disconnected external drives as well. Anyone any idea what I can do? Cheers

Hi peeps. Trying to upgrade to Win 10 from Win7 on my Revo75; gets to about 50%, screen goes black (no cursor) and doesn't go further. I've upgraded my lappy from the mutt that was Win8.1 so I know the screen goes black anyway, but it's not rebooting to continue install. I've checked & upgraded drivers and flashed to newest bios but no luck. Disconnected external drives as well. Anyone any idea what I can do? Cheers

Try the ISO route

post no 3 here

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/microsoft-windows-support-687/424985-windows-10-how.html

Hi idrob,

Thanks for the quick reply: no optical drive on the Revo and I cant find a USB to hand (prob in the wash again!), will dig one out tomorrow. Just to make sure I know what I'm doing, from the ink I download the update to the USB, and run it from that, then when it's complete I log in to my MS account Hotmail account) and I don't need the key? My Win7 is legit, just don't have the sticker. I can get it from System info in Control Panels anyways, yeah?

CHeers

that is correct mate, just make sure you upgrade first with your account details.

then when you are absolutely certain that windows 10 is activated, you can do a fresh install if you choose to do so at a later stage

Hi. Sorry for no getting back sooner: real life in the way again! No luck, but I dont think I did it properley. When I ran the create ISO tool, I selected Update This PC Now. Installation went to 100%, restarted, then installed again (with the black screen with the circle showing progress). Reboot afert about 50% and sits on black screen., Downloading the files to a USB now (found one!), will give it another welly. If it doesnt work, can you recommend a good regisrty cleaner, cos Win7 will do me fine if I can get it to load web pages in less than 10 seconds!

Thanks for the help!

edit: checked and there was nothing on the USB, I musta borked it up

Thanks idrob: no joy with win10 at all, even going down the USB/Iso route didnt work. Got as far as 75% (installing drivers) then craps out. Tries to restart now but fails, then reverts back to win7. I've run CC Cleaner and its faster now: for just playing Kodi it'll do!

THanks for the help!

Heard W10 not great records all info what you type to there server.

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.
Forgot to get back to this: got Win10 installed last month finally! I used the ISO tool and made a DVD, and used a borrowed external USB DVD Drive to install. I had to FORMAT C: (remember doing that years ago, frightened the life out of me, but I made sure I'd backed up everything I needed first) and it went first time. Even with the format, Win10 still picked up the old Win7 key so I didn't have to enter it!

All going perfectly now: opening web pages is still slow (I think its my router acting up) but I'm not getting random BSOD and freezes any more.

Thanks!

Back