Recording on an openbox s11

chris005

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi folks,

New user having recently bought an openbox.

I have a question about recording and hoping someone will be able to help. I've set the box up and can record no problem as long as i'm sitting in front of the box ready to press record when the show starts.

I'm not sure on recording things at a later time though. I've went through to the timer section and had a look but the ps record option is greyed out. I assume this is part of my problem ?

The box "wakes up" at the channel it's supposed to but it doesn't seem to be recording. Any help anyone could give me would be great. The drive is formatted to FAT 32.

in the timer section there are 2 choices,channel or record.
with it set for channel it just turns the receiver to that channel.
You have to set it to record instead.
The receiver doesn't have to be off for the timer function to work,
and is actually better with the receiver on all the time so there is no delay detecting usb or moving dish nag.

ps is mostly used for timeshifting and isn't normally used for reqular recording.
The receiver forces .ts recording for hd channels anyway.

in the timer section there are 2 choices,channel or record.
with it set for channel it just turns the receiver to that channel.
You have to set it to record instead.
The receiver doesn't have to be off for the timer function to work,
and is actually better with the receiver on all the time so there is no delay detecting usb or moving dish nag.

Thanks, I'm recording something just now but it finishes in 15 minutes, I'll have a look then.

I've been leaving the box on but as a test to make sure i'd at least set it up right to come on (if not record) i turned it off.

ps is mostly used for timeshifting and isn't normally used for reqular recording.
The receiver forces .ts recording for hd channels anyway.

Ah I see.

Annoying that i'm recording something now, i want to get right back into it to try what you said ha!

different firmwares have different tales of woe.
Some will record then turn the receiver off.I set the clock manually so that was terrible for multiple recording.
I use firmware from 10-10-2011 lately.

with some firmware I had to set the timer like 2 minutes previous to the actual start time,to give the receiver time to stabilize.(usb detect,moving dish nag)

for manual recording in a hurry you hit the record button,then hit it again to get a time menu.
The default is 2 hours but then you can set it to anything.(less or more)

with some firmware I had to set the timer like 2 minutes previous to the actual start time,to give the receiver time to stabilize.(usb detect,moving dish nag)

Yeah for the test run i set it for 5 minutes before it. when it did switch to the recording method I knew i'd made an arse of it somewhere along the way!

I see the part i was going wrong now. Thanks very much slugworth.

I'd like to say that hopefully i won't need any more help but i think i'd just be kidding myself haha.

the ultimate torture test is recording 2 channels at the same time,but I believe that has to be december 2011 firmware or later.
You hit record and when it shows the record icon on screen you hit ok.It then shows a list of channels on the same transponder.

Back