Ready made XBMC soloution?

Bally12345

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there a ready made box I can buy with XBMC fully working include fully mapped remote etc?

PS3 Media Server no longer cuts the mustard especially since moving to Win7

There are ready made images for nvidea ION based mimi PCs over at xbmcfreak. You will need to tinker a little but its all fairly painless

Had a revo before but gave up cus of the remote issue, the best remote has to be the original xbox 1 i love my old xbox but its only good for dvdrips.

What I want is a machine with a LCD display that will display movie titles, time etc probz have to build some sort of htpc.

Is there a ready made box I can buy with XBMC fully working include fully mapped remote etc?

PS3 Media Server no longer cuts the mustard especially since moving to Win7

There is a new PS3Mediaserver that has been updated to fix the problem with the "goto" fucntion on the PS3.

I have 2 machines running Windows 7 and streaming/serving to the PS3. Both work perfectly.

I have tried probably every other FREE and not free DLNA server and nothing comes close to PS3mediaserver for streaming to the PS3.

If you mean for a PC then I used Mediaportal, I found that that was an excellent program that used the MS remote straight off and had mapping for lots of other remotes.

Thats kinda fooking sweet! Does it work on any android device? Saw this 7" android touch screen thing on dx once before.

Yep it works on all android 1.6 and up. It even has a wake on lan option feature so I dont have to walk over and switch the revo on anymore. Flippin brilliant :)

Have you got it all working? Im tempted to order a revo and try xbmc again but dont know whether to try linux or windows version.

Have you got it all working? Im tempted to order a revo and try xbmc again but dont know whether to try linux or windows version.

I have one working on minimal linux and a mate has one with xbmcfreaks easy install. The android remote is piss easy to set up and looks lovely, it also has the classic xbox button layout so you will feel right at home. I never got my maplins mce remote to work at all :(

Im thinking of getting Revo sticking in my 60gb SSD from my pc the speeds should be blazing!

Hi
If you have an Iphone get the Hippo Remote app works perfect on Win7 and XBMC.

I saw that but wasnt sure how it would look after doing it, would you just connect it to your device using a normal usb cable so the IR wouldnt actually plug in to the usb slot?

I have one working on minimal linux and a mate has one with xbmcfreaks easy install. The android remote is piss easy to set up and looks lovely, it also has the classic xbox button layout so you will feel right at home. I never got my maplins mce remote to work at all :(

i have been playing with the xbmc 9.11 livecd but cant get the android remote to connect or a picture on my tv through hdmi port of my laptop

i have the xbmc settings as found on google and the android xbmc official remote on my hero but no luck all set up per instructions

edogg

i have been playing with the xbmc 9.11 livecd but cant get the android remote to connect or a picture on my tv through hdmi port of my laptop

i have the xbmc settings as found on google and the android xbmc official remote on my hero but no luck all set up per instructions

edogg

are you connecting via your local network or via the 3g internet, It you have set up 3g and forwarded the port then the WOL function wont work that way, only via local.

as for the laptop change the display setting in the bios from "auto" to "both"

Back