Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

PS2 Slim - Modification

Malcolm-X

Inactive User
Is there any guides on here on how to modify a PS2 Slimline? Rather than paying someone to do it I would like to have the thrill of doing it myself!! Any Ideas?

first you need to know what version of slim ps2 you hav somtimes the only way to find out is to crack the ps2 open and look at the motherboard...then find a diagram to suite your ps2 .here's a few pics starting with v12 that version needs a laser fix. v13 to v15 dont need a fix ..good luck m8 anything you need just give us a shout ...: multi :

Jay210 what chip would you go for, just looking to play NTSC & UK backups. Have used Swapmagic before but also have a chipped one. This is for the sister inlaw so want foolproof method. Got no problems doing the soldering.

Cheers

all chips do the job play ntsc & uk backups...its just some of them are easer to fit than others ive used matrix messiah dms apple ..but found the the h2o is a easy one to fit ...

Ok, looking at them images, I think I would rather take it to someone who has done these before.

I am confident with soldering etc, but them pics look way to difficult for my understanding.

Thanks for the reply guys, but I will see if I can find someone who can do this for me.

Regards

i have done ps2 slim and non slim the old 1s are easier to do but you can still do the slims quite easily

looks ok for 1st attempt, wires a little long, and the trans where the + / - power has taken a bit of heat, it looks a little distorted.
Well done.

Why didnt you do connect J and K as itsa version 12 (protection)

Last edited:
cracker, couldn't really determine if it was a version 12, the mother board pointed to 13 (GH 032-13) as also did the area around the ps11 area (had the extra components compared to a confirmed version 12). Also the resistors were not the right resistance according to the varsion 12 fix. But then again the box says its a 7003 CB which seems to point to a 12 but it amy not be the correct box (purchased the PS2 second hand). Can you point me in the right direction? I have attached a picture of the area around ps11. Any help will really be appreciated. Also attached is how according to what I have seen the area around ps11 should look on a V12, as you can see there is a big difference

Thanks

Last edited:
Looking at the pictures I have here Yes it looks like a v13, around the resistor area.
You could always fit a commsoft, or programme a 12c508 with the commsoft code and fit with the rest of the components. as Commsoft also fit for v13.

you should b ok without the fix ..looks like v13 ..just keep to good media and all will b fine ......: multi :

Back