problem opening up links/internet?

jock

Inactive User
Reaction score
ive got a slight problem with my pc but have managed working around it for a while but its just bugging me now lol,if i go on say quidco site and then click on a link to a companys page all i get is
page load error

Failed to Connect

The connection was refused when attempting to contact ad.uk.doubleclick.net.

Though the site seems valid, the browser was unable to establish a connection

* Could the site be temporarily unavailable? Try again later.

* Are you unable to browse other sites? Check the computer's network connection.

* Is your computer or network protected by a firewall or proxy? Incorrect settings can interfere with Web browsing.

this happens on both ie and firefox does anyone know how i can sort it please.

this is what i get up on ie with my firewall turned off

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address.

What you can try:
Diagnose Connection Problems

More information

This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:

Internet connectivity has been lost.
The website is temporarily unavailable.
The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable.
The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain.
If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, click Tools, click Internet Options, click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled under the security section.

For offline users

You can still view subscribed feeds and some recently viewed webpages.
To view subscribed feeds

Click the Favorites Center button , click Feeds, and then click the feed you want to view.

To view recently visited webpages (might not work on all pages)

Click Tools , and then click Work Offline.
Click the Favorites Center button , click History, and then click the page you want to view.

have you run any type of viruses scanner as this might be the work of a viruses as it sounds like it has change you dns setting ,i just find it odd that it has stop IE and firefox which is making me think it a viruses

do you get this with any web site that you type in the url or is this just links with in web sites ?

what ver of windows have you got installed ?

have you run any type of viruses scanner as this might be the work of a viruses as it sounds like it has change you dns setting ,i just find it odd that it has stop IE and firefox which is making me think it a viruses

do you get this with any web site that you type in the url or is this just links with in web sites ?

what ver of windows have you got installed ?

ive got mcafee antivirus installed and i do a full scan atleast once a week and have done for a long time and its showing my computer all clean,also i use spybot all the time aswell and thats not picked anything up. This problem only happens on links within a site but not all links some work some dont? and im useing xp.

you mention dns settings? what is this as a few times in the past when ive right clicked (in network connections) and then clicked repair it fails on dns?

Go to Control Panel>Network Connections and select your local network.
Click Properties, then select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP).
Click Properties.

How are you connected to the Internet ,adsl,cable
do you use a router
is this wireless connection or lan or usb

This is an odd one ,i must say

Back