Postman Prat is in the clear

J

Inactive User
Reaction score
ftyuy.jpg

A STUDENT who was arrested after dressing up as Postman Pat and carrying a package addressed to Neil Lennon has had his case dropped.
Lee Dunlop, 22, was charged with a sectarian breach of the peace and thrown in a cell over the fancy dress outfit.

The stunt came after a probe into letter bombs allegedly sent to the Celtic manager and a string of other targets.

But last night relieved Lee, of Annan, Dumfriesshire, told how no further action will now be taken against him.

He said: "The news is absolutely tremendous, it means everything is going back to normal. A little joke and a prank between me and five friends has gone way over the top."

Lee was arrested after photos of his costume for Stirling University's Final Fling bash appeared on Facebook last month.

He added: "I don't hold any resentment to whoever started all of this.

"I'm just glad it's all over and I can focus on my exams next week."

Tory MSP Margaret Mitchell backed the decision to drop the charges.

She said: "It is good to see common sense has now prevailed. He may be a little wiser, but hopefully he can put this behind him."

Despite the case being dropped, Lee still faces a grilling by uni bosses.

A spokesman said: "It is university procedure to investigate the complaints before taking action."

The Crown Office confirmed that there had been "insufficient evidence of a criminal offence having been committed".

Read more: Postman Prat is in the clear | The Sun |Home Scotland|Scottish News

And quite right too.

Personally don`t give a flying feck about the nonsense of bombs/bigotry/religion/whateverelseanyonegetsexcitedabout but this was way OTT.

Hope the young lad gets on with his life.

Back