Postman almost has armed ripped off by rottweiler guard dogs

i have two staffys....

and all the dogs we have in this day and age are all made bye man mixing this breed and that breed for their own use baiting,hunting,fighting,ext ext....

ok this was a long time ago but the dog thay made are the dogs we have now....
and so how can it be all their fault....

i never leve my kid in the same room as them all on their own,as you never know,no matter how long you have had the dog..

the press and everyone has set their minds to blame the dogs as being dangerous, and keep on going on about it, hardly focusing on the point that about 90% of the fault is down to the owners. i have a staffy for 5 years now and i know its a dangerous breed as it can seriously harm someone if she wanted to, but its all down to the owners who have brought them up, and i have to say that the owner of the 2 rott's is a a$$ h^le as he didnt train them well. if they r a gaurd dog then someone should be the to handle them or they shouldnt be let loose as in this case.

reports say that the dogs were locked when the postman approached, but they were behind a normal wooden side door i reckon which even a human can knock down easily, so i seriously have to blame the owner for not having them secured safely. gaurd dogs are trained to attack if a stranger approches thier territory. even though i trust my staffy will never do someting like this to anyone else, i still never let her loose in the park, or on the streets, she's always on the leed. i fell really sorry for the postman AND the two dogs that had to be put down purely down to the owners mistake!

did your japanese akita give you any consern before you got rid of him??,,if you didnt have the accident would you of kept him??..all im saying that owners is to blame as well as its the way they were brought up

I think you missed my point, sometimes dogs turn and nobody knows why, even the little dogs. It could well be some sort of bad gene or something medicaly wrong in the dogs brain that makes it turn bad. All the people I know that are crazy were normal kids doing normal things, hell some of them are even more educated than me.

So my point is not about banning breeds of dogs or who takes the blame dogs/owners its about the statement you made that your dogs would NEVER hurt a fly, you proberly need to have a rethink about that.

About dog types, I think that because of the strengh of the bigger dogs they get more media attention, I'm sure some people have been bitten by jack russells or chihuahuas but because they are smaller they don't get to make the news like the bigger dogs but the fact still remains there is always a chance that they will bite/turn

My dog did not like stangers he would not sit and would just stare when people came to my house so we would put him in the garden, I always had him on a lead when I took him out but I could not be 100% that he would never turn on us not that he ever showed agression toward us but the first rule we had in the house was the dog was NEVER to be alone with the little one, and I'm sure the parents of all them little kids that were attacked by their own dogs wish they did the same

I think you missed my point, sometimes dogs turn and nobody knows why, even the little dogs. It could well be some sort of bad gene or something medicaly wrong in the dogs brain that makes it turn bad. All the people I know that are crazy were normal kids doing normal things, hell some of them are even more educated than me.

So my point is not about banning breeds of dogs or who takes the blame dogs/owners its about the statement you made that your dogs would NEVER hurt a fly, you proberly need to have a rethink about that.

About dog types, I think that because of the strengh of the bigger dogs they get more media attention, I'm sure some people have been bitten by jack russells or chihuahuas but because they are smaller they don't get to make the news like the bigger dogs but the fact still remains there is always a chance that they will bite/turn

My dog did not like stangers he would not sit and would just stare when people came to my house so we would put him in the garden, I always had him on a lead when I took him out but I could not be 100% that he would never turn on us not that he ever showed agression toward us but the first rule we had in the house was the dog was NEVER to be alone with the little one, and I'm sure the parents of all them little kids that were attacked by their own dogs wish they did the same
i get your point m8 and your right you cant be 100% sure
but all im saying the owners are to blame as well not just the dog because of there breed

Poor postman, I bet he wishes big dangerous dogs were banned... poor sod.

i have a rottweiler people are wary off him they even cross the street but he wouldn't hurt anyone when he was a year old he was getting atacked by two yorksire terriers there more vicuios and the little old lady was trying to get her dogs off by offering the dogs biscuits and my rottie just sat and started giving the lady his paws wanting the biscuits

it is how you bring up your dog, dogs are very intelligent

Last edited:
i have a rottweiler people are wary off him they even cross the street but he wouldn't hurt anyone when he was a year old he was getting atacked by two yorksire terriers there more vicuios and the little old lady was trying to get her dogs off by offering the dogs biscuits and my rottie just sat and started giving the lady his paws wanting the biscuits
we all know how our own dogs acts its a shame how some of the dogs gets judged because of there breed
did your rottie get the biscuits lol

it is how you bring up your dog, dogs are very intelligent

I agree with you chum, the last time I came into contact with a rottweiler it done me no harm what so ever.

Granted I was driving over it at 56MPH in a 44 ton truck at the time :(

In all seriousness I did feel bad about it.

Not as bad as Fido felt like but bad never the less ;(

i own a staff myself and think they are a fantastic dog and i also have a lab,responsible ownership is what needs to be delt with and prooper breeding which is whats sadley happening today,and just for the record in Ireland Oh, the only person ever to be killed by dogs was a little girl who was killed by dogs belonging to her father in the early 1980's in Cork. I bet not one of you could guess the breed of the dogs involved. They are NOT on the restricted breeds list.

Labradors

you cant wipe out a certain breed of dog just like that

i own a staff myself and think they are a fantastic dog and i also have a lab,responsible ownership is what needs to be delt with and prooper breeding which is whats sadley happening today,and just for the record in Ireland Oh, the only person ever to be killed by dogs was a little girl who was killed by dogs belonging to her father in the early 1980's in Cork. I bet not one of you could guess the breed of the dogs involved. They are NOT on the restricted breeds list.

Labradors

you cant wipe out a certain breed of dog just like that

Yeah but 1000's have been killed by Irelands dreaded Killer Sheep ! lol

feel sorry for the potman he could have got seriously injured or killed. the owner should have known better.

Last edited:
i to have a rottie and he is a pussy cat

but on the other hand

i know of someone that has one and its out of control and yes would bite someone given a chance

why well

its because that dog is left in a garden and a kennel all the time

the dog is not a pet as no real contact with a human

i think they are being branded as dangerous dogs is wrong as the owner are the ones that need to be banned and arrested not so much the dog

labradors here 3-Year-Old Savaged by Labrador

Dogs Bite Blog: Labrador Attacks Boy Day Before Christmas - DogsBite.org

but the fact is a fact and the owners must pay for this

if your drunk and driving your car knocks someone over and they die sometimes you just lose your licence what a joke

do we ban the car or the driver

the driver is control of the car the owner is in control of there dog

i have had dogs all my life and done lots of breeding

not one dog went astray and bit anyone

the owner is the final word

i can find jack russels attacks and any other breed

Toddler injured in Jack Russell attack near Uckfield (From The Argus)

the list is a joke

Back