play warhawk without beta invite

Fever

Inactive User
Reaction score
0) Start downloading Warhawk.

http://tinyurl.com/3844a5

1) Download.NET Framework 1.1+ if you don't have it already.

2) Download this PS3 Proxy program Send big files the easy way with sendspace. Files
too large for email attachments? No problem!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/j7iww1

3) Install the proxy program.
4) Go to Program Files and open the folder called like C5B43 or something like that. Open the Proxy program.

5) In the IP Address box, put in your IP address (i.e 192.168.1.136)
6) Leave the port box as it is.
7) Check 'PS3 Mode.'
8) Go to Network Settings on your PS3.
9) Choose Wired/Wireless and keep going until you get to some Address thing with options Easy/Custom.
10) Choose Custom and keep going.
11) Choose 'Auto' for everything until you get to the Proxy Server option. Select 'USE.'
12) Enter the IP Address and port you put in the PS3 Proxy Program.
13) Save your settings, but don't test the connection.

14) Go to the 3rd tab in the program on your PC (should be called 'Replace Files' or something like that)
15) You should see 2 white boxes.

16) In the first white box, we have to put in the Folding@home download link -

eu - link

us - link

17) When you have downloaded the Warhawk pkg, it will probably have a weird name. Rename it to fah.pkg
18) In the second white box, you should see a dot to the right. Click it and select the renamed Warhawk game (fah.pkg)
19) Go back to the first tab and press START
20) Go back to your PS3.
21) Delete Folding@home if it is already installed.
22) Go to the Folding@home icon like you're about to download & install it again or for the first time.
23) Instead of seeing Folding@home being downloaded, you should see a much bigger file being downloaded (Warhawk)
24) Wait for it to finish and install itself.
25) Play!

notes thanks to PSPcrazy forums.... also calling all cars and home beta also tested and not working

Just to double confirm, this works a treat. Thanks a million.

Wonder when/if/what this process can be used for in the future?????

that sounds good but kinda stuck on where im downloadin things and do i end up playin the game on the ps3 or on the pc..sorry to ask that there..i might of missed it there but got myself confussed

Last edited:
you download the pkg to your pc. set up your ps3 to look at your pc instead of the @home site and run the proxy program.

the ps3 downloads from the pc instead of the @home site and the ps3 sees it as a game on your ps3 hard drive which you play on your ps3 in HD :)

Once you've got the game on your ps3 you can delete the pkg on your pc and the proxy program if you wish. Oh by the way you'll have to re-set the ps3 to go back to the normal internet settings or you won't be able to log on when you enter the game.

I think it's neat how the @home as been used to download a game into the ps3.

Regards.

i take it this doesnt work with 1.5 firmware as the folding at home icon is only available in later versions!

Apprently no other Beta games at the moment although some are due for release next week. Not that they are guarenteed to work in this same way!!

sorry when u say set up your ps3 to look at your pc instead of the @home site and run the proxy program.

how do u go about that..sorry to b a pain but just gettin used to this..plug the ethernet in from the ps3 into the pc and search for media or am i up the wrong path..cheers

does this work with vista by any chance

Last edited:
sorry when u say set up your ps3 to look at your pc instead of the @home site and run the proxy program.

how do u go about that..sorry to b a pain but just gettin used to this..plug the ethernet in from the ps3 into the pc and search for media or am i up the wrong path..cheers

does this work with vista by any chance

yea i am using vista

@ wilson1980

I presume you already have an internet connection to your ps3 from your PC? IE you can play online games and browse the internet.

if so you have to go to the "network connections" and set it up like Fever says. you're basically re-routing the ps3 to look at the PC's ip address as the connection instead of going through the PC to the internet.

right i never learn if i dont ask this..but im lost with this like..i have one modem..so i can only get on the internet on the pc but switch cables around and i can on the ps3 internet no probs..so makin my ps3 out to be my pc im lost at that.im at network settings and do i put in the ip address thats the same on my pc and all the rest the things..subnet mask and that

Having problems with this and Vista....

Keeps crashing telling me that a Null value is not valid. I have tried many suggestions on the web but still no joy :(

right i never learn if i dont ask this..but im lost with this like..i have one modem..so i can only get on the internet on the pc but switch cables around and i can on the ps3 internet no probs..so makin my ps3 out to be my pc im lost at that.im at network settings and do i put in the ip address thats the same on my pc and all the rest the things..subnet mask and that

This will prove a problem if the PC and PS3 are not on the same network, as you are replacing the Folding program with Warhawk program on your PC, hence needing network connectivity to point PS3 at PC.

Back