'PES' given October 17 release date

NL7

Inactive User
Reaction score
Pro Evolution Soccer 2009, featuring an official UEFA Champions League mode, will be released on October 17 for the 360, PS3 and PC.

Konami has signed a four-year deal with UEFA to bring the Champions League to the game, and has also secured the rights to use Liverpool and Manchester United's players, kits and logos.

A spokesman for UEFA said: "The Pro Evolution Soccer series is synonymous with football being played at the highest level, which makes it perfect for hosting the best club football competition in the world."

Konami's President of Digital Entertainment GmbH, Kunio Neo, described the Champions League as the "Jewel in the club competition crown" and suggested that the tournament was one of many new features in the game.

The PS2 version will come out on October 30th, with a Wii version following in 2009.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/a130019/pes-given-october-17-release-date.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Well im happy about that im back off holiday on the sunday after its out and im still off work for another weekl :proud: And about time they got the Liverpool kits etc looks like they have gone for the top two English Clubs :banana:

Ill be checking the newsgroups a week before then! lol

Well im happy about that im back off holiday on the sunday after its out and im still off work for another weekl :proud: And about time they got the Liverpool kits etc looks like they have gone for the top two English Clubs :banana:

And there is me thinking top 2 was United and Chelsea :nerner:

:roflmao:

only joking m8 we will have to sort out this rivalry when its released

And there is me thinking top 2 was United and Chelsea :nerner:

:roflmao:

only joking m8 we will have to sort out this rivalry when its released

haha lol...

any news on release of the demo?

i wonder if this is gonna be better than the last version?

does anyone know if you have to sign up to play online like the previous version

Setanta on board for 'PES 2009'

Konami UK and Setanta have announced a partnership that will see the sports broadcaster’s branding appear in Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (PES).

According to the deal, arranged by game advertising firm New Street Media, Setanta advertisements will appear in-game, as well as at events, competitions and official fan sites.

"We are delighted to be working with such a prominent brand in the football world and hope this will be the start of a longer partnership," commented Jon Murphy, PES team leader for Konami.

"Setanta is always looking for new ways of reaching our core target audience of sports fans and so this was an obvious partnership for us, given PES's strength and position in the football games market," added Setanta online marketing and acquisition manager Ben Carter.

PES is released in Europe on October 17 for Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, Nintendo Wii, PSP and PC.

Gaming - News - Setanta on board for 'PES 2009' - Digital Spy

'PES 2009' to offer network improvements

Pro Evolution Soccer 2009's lead designer and series creator Shingo 'Seabass' Takatsuka has revealed that his team has delivered on its promise to improve the game's online gameplay.

"I do acknowledge that last year we placed such emphasis on the controls that the online side was sacrificed," he told CVG. "For instance, if you didn't have a very good connection, that could really seriously affect your gameplay and it could turn out to be very horrible indeed.

"This year we looked at online as a top priority and we tested halfway around the world, so that even for people who don't have good connections we wanted to pursue how we can make the game still playable. We found a solution as well for taking on more players, four this time, for multiplayer online.

"We're not going to stop. Until we're fully satisfied with this online version of PES 2009, we want to go even further. So I promise you it will still continue to change and improve further as we go along."

Gaming - News - 'PES 2009' to offer network improvements - Digital Spy

What exactly are konami trying to say here? IMO i think they haven't completely ironed out the online issue they had with pes 2008 and will probably release a patch or something depending on feedback from gamers. many gamers are going to be disappointed if thats the case...

Back