One-legged Paralympian ‘not disabled enough’ for benefits

I give up! How the hell can you possibly know what condition his leg is in?!?! Was it removed at the exact same place as yours? Was his surgeon as good as yours and sorted the nerves etc all out properly? Do you get phantom pains on a Weds afternoon at 15:32 just because he does? How can you possibly know the toll it has taken on his body, especially as he was a paralympian 12 years ago? Did you put your body through the same pounding as his so you get identical pain and complications. Like somebody else has mentioned, I also get secondary problems now with my hip and back that are nothing to do with my original injury so who knows, other than you, what he has to deal with..... I had a tooth extracted 20 years ago. Have you ever had one done? I wonder if it hurt you as much or for as long as mine did. Gum still gives me pain now, does yours? Shall I go on with your ridiculous argument?

I'm not an amputee, but I am disabled and unable to walk. I know what pain is whether I'm laying flat or trying to put weight on it, nearly every hour of the day I'm awake, not that I get more than a couple of hours sleep here and there because of it, and I've had it rip my life apart until I lost everything. I am also claiming NO benefit other than a blue badge, and I get on with my life as best I can without complaining about it but I'm not so fookin dumb to think everybody else in my situation should be having the same experiences or limitations as I may. I have about half a dozen amputee friends that I met through physio sessions. 1 lower leg amputee and the rest are whole leg or double and not one of them has ever come out with such bollocks as you. I can't wait to show them. I did give you the benefit of the doubt as you're rightly entitled to your opinion but now I just think you're a bitter argumentative dick!

Oh by the way, I've also got Fibromyalgia. I can do the washing up one day but can't move my shoulders the next. What the hell is up with that.... guess I'm just a coont.

Now fook off.

"now fook off" classy...

Oh and it couldn't have taken that much of a toll on his body if he is able to play basketball in the paralympics ;) don't think emerald has done that much exercise he likes to be the goalie ffs...

and as for me being a bigot, I have every sympathy for the amputees not that they would want it tbh... but some of them do take the piss out of the system just like a huge amount of the so called immigrants and other low life's that expect the government to pay for them because they are wallowing in self pity.

your fighting the case of someone u dont know or know if he is in pain or not

I'm not fighting his case per se and I'm not saying someone should sign him a cheque tomorrow, my argument is that disabled people deserve to be treated individually and not be judged solely on their disability as a category and 'tick boxed' as; person a) needs the same help or has the limitations or pain as person b) - that's what ignorant people do, as do ATOS who train their assessors to either hit targets or shut the door on their way out, yet play dumb and deny targets exist and pass the buck to DWP where cnuts like Chris Grayling pulling the strings who also denies it, despite the fact they've been caught red handed doing it. And now they've been given another contract for a different benefit so they can suck the coffers dry. It's this waste of money on 'improvements' and the MPs fiddling their expenses that see the people that deserve it miss out because they can't create a system that removes the proper ponces and fleecers.

Oh and it couldn't have taken that much of a toll on his body if he is able to play basketball in the paralympics

Yeah, 16 years ago lol, he hasn't just rolled out of Stratford ;)

and as for me being a bigot, I have every sympathy for the amputees not that they would want it tbh... but some of them do take the piss out of the system just like a huge amount of the so called immigrants and other low life's that expect the government to pay for them because they are wallowing in self pity.

Yes I think you're quite right and I wish common sense would prevail and devise a fair assessment to weed out the spongers, but lets be honest, is that ever going to happen with the government calling the shots or private contractors solely in it for the money. I apologise if my rant gives the impression that I'm fixated on this guy. I don't know if he's trying it on or not but that's the point. None of us know the exact details of his claim or circumstances but we do know that he's been given an assessment he probably has little chance of passing positively. On average 32 people die a week, who have been passed fit for work by ATOS and DWP. I'm just fooked of with the people that wave the tar brush that everyone is the same and that one shitty system has been replaced with another.

But I would like to thank you all though. Keeping me busy typing this means my arse is killing me, but I have managed to miss the X-Factor... every cloud :)

I'm not an amputee .

So you are not qualified, and let me add I have never met any single below knee amputee, that has not live a full and normal life, in my book they are not even classed as disabled, why should we be? and read the OP again nowhere does it say he suffers from any other disability, and why keep harping on about pain, what was painful has now gone, we can drop things on our toes and not feel a thing, better still I can stand on a plug at night without pain.

Back