Odd channel drop out issue

sinin

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been using Gav12345's Tux Image for a while and am very pleased. My Nokia used to reboot occasionally but with this image it doesn't see to do that anywhere near as much. However, I am now seeing an odd problem with channels dropping out for a short period.

The DBox does not freeze, but every so often when watching a channel the image will suddenly stop. I can still use the DBox and all other channels appear to continue to work correctly. If I flick back to the original channel, there will still be no picture, however, after about 30 seconds (sometimes a bit longer) the picture will come back.

I have tried different Ucodes but this did not appear to make any difference.

This image only has the mgcamd EMU within it - I'm currently looking for other EMUs to see if that will resolve the problem but if anyone knows of any other possibilities then I would be grateful.

According to the stream info:

BER - 150 (Max 310, Min 90)
SNR - approx 60000 (Max 61423, Min 59624)
SIG - 45489 (max 45489, Min 45232)

From another forum it has been suggested that a signal booster would be useful. Can anyone recommend a device?

They also suggested that all channels in the group may drop out. What's the best way to see what channels are in which QAMS? When the problem happens again, I can then check the other grouped channels to see if they are affected.

Back