Not a car but a scooter ;)

Dutcho

VIP POOF
VIP Member
Reaction score
OK any of you guy's handy with scooters ?

I have a wee problem maybe someone there knows....

Got my son a 50cc scooter, was given to me s the engine was half misisng...lol

Anyways tracked down a new bore and piston and have rebuilt the bike, it uses a neo's 50 Yahama engine.

I think these thing's are dam dangerous restricted to 30 mph and they die on hills, so has anyone de restricted one before ?

I think I need to cut off a pipe on the down pipe to un restrict the flow ??

Anything else ?

Right, what you have to do is goto the gear box (Big long grey part on the left side of your ped) undo it, get an Air tool (Impact Wrench) and you will see Two round things, the smaller one with the gols bolts one is the one you need to undo, YOU CANT DO IT WITH A SOCKET SET YOU NEED THE AIR TOOL! you undo that bolt, then carefully slide it all off, right at the back will be some small plastic oval things, Rollers, you need to replace them, most Yamaha one's are sized 15x12, for better performance, you need 4.5g, once replaced these, put it back on, Roller's section first, then the long tube inside the Roller's section, then the washer on top, you will have one washer left over, don't put it back, it will loosen off the belt, so you have more power (Stage one of De-restricting.) put the crank part back on, then the star shaped thing and then the bolt (if you take the belt all the way off make sure you put it back on the right way round, Arrows pointing towards the front of the ped, once done this, you then get the air tool and undo the back round part inside that once taken off, you will see 3 springs (Clutch Springs, they should be blue) You need to the buy new ones, for best performance, get Red ones. To re place these, you need to jank the old springs out, and force the new ones in (It's a hard job and may take a while to do) once done this, put it back together, and then buy a performance Air Filter, and Performance Spark Plugg, you may need someone else to fit it (They're hard to change). Once done this fill your ped up with fule, and leave it on the stand (Making sure you've put it back together properly) start up your ped (Still on the stand) and keep revving it, don't let the throttle out, the ped will start to sound slow, then your exhaust will kick in, then it will sound like it's fast, keep doing this untill you have half a tank of fule, then leave the ped to cool down. Then you can ride away. You should have more power than normal, and WILL be able to get it off the clock. Also, if you have an WK04 (2004) Model Neo's, there will be a restrecter in the CDI (Speedo) take that out, and there will be 5 wires going into it, Blue Black Green White and Red, Take off the Red and White Wires (Remember where the red one goes into) Then join them together and put them back into the Red wire socket. This allows your ped's rev's to go back up, if you look closley on your CDI there should be two little red dots', when you ped reaches that (Before you do the wireing) your rev's get lowerd when you get to it, making it slower, once done the wireing, your ped should fly past that, you should be able to get to 50mph (On a flat) in about 10 seconds, or more.

Ah just what i thought...lol

Thanks I'll hack the pipe tomorrow

Back