No-show delivery — fight back. "If I have to waste a day, you have to pay".

skinz

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I hate it when this happens to me, I did not really know this so may help especially over the hols :) taken from a well known site

No-show delivery — fight back
"If I have to waste a day, you have to pay". How to claim for your time. New campaign

A whopping 7m people a year take unpaid leave to wait for deliveries or installations, so when they fail to, errr, deliver, it can make you weep. We've launched a Failed Delivery Compensation campaign to fight back & push them to improve practices. Here's a taster...

Your relationship's with the retailer not the courier. By law, buy goods and you've entered into a contract with the retailer. If it's arranging delivery then this is part of that contract, so all complaints should go directly to the seller (unless you hired the courier separately).
If you took another day off you should be paid for it. It might seem strange, but in law you can't claim compensation for the original no-show as you were taking that day off work anyway. But if you then need take ANOTHER day (or morning/hour) off for a new delivery, by law, this is a consequential loss and you could be due the day's pay back.
Free template letter to fight your corner. While your legal rights can only truly be enforced in court, just knowing and quoting them boosts your complaint's strength. To help, the Failed Delivery Compensation guide includes template letters, what to say on the phone and more, to help you take on the retail beasts.

The new guide also runs through other delivery issues such as 'they came but never rang the bell', 'they gave me a 12-hour delivery window' and more. See the New Guide: Delivery Rights Related: Consumer Rights, Cheap Parcel Delivery

Failed Delivery - Fight Back: "If I waste a day, you'll pay" ...

Back