No arrest for poppy attacks in shake-up

bro

Inactive User
Reaction score
[h=2]BURNING poppies or abusing soldiers may no longer be illegal under plans unveiled yesterday.[/h] Ministers are considering making it legal to use insulting words or actions to avoid "criminalising free speech".
Yobs can currently be nicked for being "threatening, abusive or insulting".

SNN1410TM_180_1391228a.jpg
Tougher rules ... Theresa May

Emdadur Choudhury, 26, was charged last year after burning poppies and five Muslims were convicted for shouting insults at a homecoming parade.
Ministers have also unveiled plans to let cops make thugs remove "face coverings" or masks.
But minister James Brokenshire said: "We must make sure any powers do not trample upon traditional British freedoms."
Meanwhile, tighter laws brought in by Theresa May saw the number of anti-terror stop and searches fall from 102,504 to 9,652 last year.

No arrest for poppy attacks in shake-up | The Sun |News|Politics

"We must make sure any powers do not trample upon traditional British freedoms."

Afterall, all us traditional British people just love to wear face masks and shout obscenities at families of fallen war heroes.

God forbid she took that from us, it's the only fun we get.

so on 11/11, when the usual beardy wierdy crew are shouting their obscenities, anyone who shouts back at them 'fook off somewhere else and die you wierdo racist good for nothing scumbag cnut of a waste of breath' also wont be arrested for 'racial hatred' then??

if thats the case, im now stating 101% that i WILL be going out with the sole intention of abusing these scumbags, while completley protecting my identity by dressing head to toe in my usual 'fancy dress', as its now ALSO my right to do so without the threat of prosecution

fkuckng backwards arse laws, fit in, or fkuc off somewhere that agrees with you

so it wont be illegal to burn a poppy? then why is illegal to spray paint a poopy on a mousqe and two people got 18 months for doing so?

so it wont be illegal to burn a poppy? then why is illegal to spray paint a poopy on a mousqe and two people got 18 months for doing so?

There is a bit of of a difference.

A remembrance poppy, apart from what it symbolizes, is a piece of paper. So burning one harms only the poppy. Spraying paint on a mosque, or any other building belonging to somebody else, is vandalism.

This is not to say that I am happy about the burning of poppies or the other activities of these people.

Freedom of speech is a hard one. Protest is one thing, insults and abuse another.

Back