newcs

2tone

DW Member ++
Reaction score
anyone on here set up newcs before

ok have newcs set up and running ok now i need to set the dreambox up so im going to use newcamd config the edit the user and pass also put the ip of the server in so that it will link after this i wound then like to use evocam mgcamd and newcamd so that i can then know how to set the cams up as i think i need to edit stuff to let these cams work

using mgcamd as the client, make a notepad file and call it newcamd.list

edit it so it says

CWS = 192.168.1.4 10000 user password 01 02 03 ....... 13 14 lan server

and FTP it to var/keys and rename it to remove the .txt extension from the end

restart mgcamd and as long as you have put the correct details into the newcamd.list file your client will connect to your newcs server and job done

ok looks like its working as i can see it linking to the server on the newcs out put window but not doing anything on the receiver trying this with a n1 card just to see if i can get it working not sure whats wrong what i find strange is i had this working with a test i did before with newcamd using a dreambox as a server but when i try and use a pc server and trying newcs it's not working strange but it has to be some thing i have done

Last edited:
in the cws line were you put the ip i put the internet ip of the server or dyns as im doing the local as a test do i just put the internet ip in as i get see the dreambox log in but if i try it with the dreambox ip nothing happens , after having a look at the card the card is not taking new keys think ill go from the start again and see what iv done

Last edited:
Back